Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay items: Set account for deductions

Contributing User

8Posts

16Kudos

1Solutions

8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

If this is already possible, my apologies i may just need to do more digging.

However our client have novated leasing fro their employees which means pre and post tax deductions via payroll.

There are three journals, Pre tax Deduction, Post tax Deduction and the Employee ECM GST.

It would be great if there was an option to select which GL accout these were to be applied to.

in their example

Pre tax Deduction -  6-6299

Post tax Deduction - 6-6299

Employee ECM GST - 2-2200

Regards

Shannon Staunton

"Select account for payroll deductions"

Myob Sample.png
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to select their own linked accounts for pay items.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

14 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your great suggestion @Zenra  Anyone who would like to be able to select a separate account for each payroll deduction, please cast your vote here.

Helpfulhandsnz
2 Posts
Cover User

Would like to be able to assign a General Ledger code to all payroll allowances, deductions and gross pay.

Have dealt with a company that allows you to assign General Leger codes to the employees gross pay. eg if you have office staff (in expenses) and factory staff (in cost of goods sold).

Also have a client that deducts rent from his employee.  This is currently posted to payroll deductions in Balance sheet.  Would like this to go against income for rent in profit and loss.  

Could be a simple fix by adding a General Ledger code option when loading allowances and deductions and a pay catagory for the new employee.

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

In AR Plus - when you open the wages category you can tick a box to 'Override Employees' wage account'.

Helpfulhandsnz
2 Posts
Cover User

Great idea but would love to see it extended to allowances and also gross pay of employees as well.  I have a client that has factory staff and office staff so a split in the payroll to COS and Expenses would be great according to department

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Helpfulhandsnz 

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions on extending this to all payroll categories. I have shared this with the team. 

Keep the votes and comments coming in. 

JohannaD
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We need to be able to post our wages to COGS and MYOB Essentials is unable to do this.  With only 5 votes, how likely is this idea going to happen?  I am trialling MYOB Essentials (my first month) and if this is an unlikely change, then I can't see us going forward with the software.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @JohannaD

The general idea of having the ability to set different allocation accounts for different type of wages is something our developers are considering. However we do not have an estimated time available at this stage. 

Meanwhile, I would suggest trialing AccountRight Plus, which does have the option to assign different linked account for each payroll category, as well as a lot more customising options.

JohannaD
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks @CloverQ - we are currently using AccountRight Standard and were thinking we could move to a more simple software such as MYOB Essentials as we don't need inventory etc.  However, we have decided to go with AccountRight Plus.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

You are most welcome @JohannaD

Compared to the web browser based Essentials, AccountRight definitely has more advanced options. I'm great to hear AccountRight Plus is able to cater for your needs. Please feel free to post on the forum at any time if you have more queries.

BryceT
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I'd just like to vote a 'yes' to this suggestion. It would be very helpful for any type of deduction made to avoid entering journals manually.

Thumbs up from me!