Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Ability to create an ABA/electronic payment file to pay employees

jsw
User

1Posts

61Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

The lack of this feature lets this product down

"Exporting payments to bank . Create an .aba file"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2015

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback and showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that you can create an ABA file  for paying your employees in the recent MYOB Essentials update. Do take a look at Making tracking your invoices and paying your employees even easier for more information to this process.

Once again thank you all for your comments and voting for this idea.

30 Comments
armstrong
1 Post
User

I agrre after using Myob in my restaurant since 1999 now using essentials as we have downsized cant do ABA file seems like a backward step using essentials otherwise great 

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Trev123 and @SuperMax,

We do understand that not having the ability to make payments electronically / create .ABA files does hinder a lot of businesses from maximizing their efficiency and productivity. We do appreciate you voting and taking the time to comment, as this would give the product development team, a better idea of just how many clients want to see this feature implemented into the software.

I have passed on your feedback as well, and when there are any updates made available, all relevant clients will be notified and the status of this idea changed accordingly.

Cheers,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @armstrong,

Thank you for your comment. This idea has already previously been suggested on this MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange post - I see you have already voted for the idea, which is excellent to see.

We definitely do agree that this function would be of much benefit to a lot of our clients out there, and we encourage anyone else who would like to see this implemented into MYOB Essentials to vote and comment for the idea via the link posted above.

Cheers,

Tallie

Lincoln07
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

I will be recommending that my clients use another program if this feature is not included in the near future.  The whole point of these systems is to streamline and improve processes.  I have  been using this feature for over 15 years in other software.  Really disappointed that Essentials does not include this.

Matyas_K
MYOB Staff
703 Posts
MYOB Staff

Thank you very much for contributing your vote @Lincoln07.  I'm sorry to hear that this feature has been sorely missed in Essentials.  As Essentials is a basic accounting platform, creating .ABA files was not initially part of the design but hopefully given sufficient demand we can look forward to it being included in a future release.

AmitSahni1978
1 Post
User

I was told by my bookkeeper to go to MYOB essentials from QB onilne and to be honest life was much more easier from user and payroll point of view with QuckBooks online. Such an important and basic function like .ABA is missing from an accounting software and they are already charging much more QB online and offer much less features. I hope they add it soon but seems unlikely given that this thread has been going on for ages. Waht a shame Smiley Sad

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AmitSahni1978

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange if you would like to see an idea added to the program you can vote for that idea. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

poko
4 Posts
Cover User

Having used other MYOB software for years and processing pay via ABA files, I have just signed up to MYOB Essentials to make life easier for my accountant to reconcile only to find I've made my life more difficult.  I can't believe I manually have to enter a bank account each time I want to pay someone - is it really that archaic?

Andrewtao
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Acutally, even the $17.5/month Quickbooks is able to create.ABA file. MYOB just doesn't care small business's need.

Andrew Tao

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback and showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that you can create an ABA file  for paying your employees in the recent MYOB Essentials update. Do take a look at Making tracking your invoices and paying your employees even easier for more information to this process.

Once again thank you all for your comments and voting for this idea.