Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Ability to create an ABA/electronic payment file to pay employees

jsw
User

1Posts

61Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

The lack of this feature lets this product down

"Exporting payments to bank . Create an .aba file"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2015

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback and showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that you can create an ABA file  for paying your employees in the recent MYOB Essentials update. Do take a look at Making tracking your invoices and paying your employees even easier for more information to this process.

Once again thank you all for your comments and voting for this idea.

30 Comments
TrudiC
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner

Totally agree, also need for supplier payments as well.

Pacman57
2 Posts
User

I Agree totally with rossi.

It is unthinkable that  any new product would not contain these features. Especially when the opposition on-line products do.  MYOB already know how to create these files in other products - why not add this feature to Essentials.

I am seriously thinking about using Quickbooks.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @rossi , @OliviaN  and @Pacman57 

Thank you for all your feedback in regards to exporting payments to the bank create .ABA file idea.

Currently we do not have an update on this yet. As soon as we do hear anything we will update this status and the forum to follow.

In the meantime keep voting and commenting on this idea

SharonV
1 Post
User

I have voted, a definate must have for all clousd based accounting software.  I would like to see this sooner rather than later MYOB.

Thanks

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your comments and feedback @SharonV, I have passed your comments onto the team. 

LJPhysio
1 Post
User

This feature is an absolute must. This should be an absolute priority!!

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your vote and comment @LJPhysio

Creating .ABA file in MYOB Essentials Accounting is definitely a popular idea. I have shared your feedback with the relevant team, hopefully we can see it implemented in a future update.

Trev123
4 Posts
User

MYOB Essentails has the ability to process (pay) 20+ employees with their payroll function. I dont want to be doing this one by one! This should be an absolute priority MYOB. The question to ask is whay is it not already a feature? MYOB need to look to focus their $ on cloud products and not the hybrid products (2015.2) which will be surpassed in take up by cloud based. Think ahead MYOB. 

LeighDay
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

can we please have the ability to create ABA electronic files in Essentials

SuperMax
1 Post
User

Sorry MYOB, I don't understand!!

How do you expect small business owners to pay staff? Are you expecting small business owners to copy & Paste Bank account details every week?? 

Again I don't understand how you didn't build this feature into the system, as it is I feel it's totally unworkable long term because mistakes will happen.