Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Edit Payslip template

Contributing User

14Posts

266Kudos

1Solutions

14 Posts
Contributing User
New
New

Please allow us to edit the Payslip template in MYOB Essentials.  

I have employees who are on hourly and some on salary.  The hourly rate showing on the salary payslip and the annual salary showing on the casual hourly rate payslip is misleading and looks very unprofessional.

The layout of the Payslip is also not well thought out.  Very sad indeed.

"Payslips"

92 Comments
discosyl
1 Post
User

OMG I thought I was the only frustrated with this change ! The payslip format is terrible not proffesional looking at all and like yourself I too have permanent & casual staff showing total annual salaries on casual workers I have to "white out" these figures as it is misleading -  it is not user friendly I was so disapointed with the change i am considering going elsewhere.

bob3
1 Post
User

Just fix it guys

TankAqua
1 Post
User

Is there anywhere we can customize the new sytle payslips, I wish to have my logo on them. Prefferably not as a watermark.

Robert_
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

How is this 'New' payslip format acceptable.Upgrades are meant to maintain existing formats/functionality or better

The layout is not appealing much like a raw spreadsheet draft

The super amount can appear to be a payment directly to the employee,this should be reported seperately,accounting description is not relevant 

There is no total for net amounts detailing the net pay amount in the header i.e hard for employee to quickly check if detail lines matches total net pay 

I agree with previous poster,the logo is important as many businesses have trading names which identify them to government authorities and banks etc     

RV33
2 Posts
User

I agree with most (read all) of the comments of my fellow users. What a mess! This format looks like it was written by a tech with no clue of how things work in the real world. I'm all for improvement of reporting systems and continual review of software to assist end users to do a better job but did anyone think to put this version up for scrutiny, I don't think so!!! I have been a customer with MYOB for many years over several businesses, but if this 'new format' is the best you can do I will definitely be reviewing our partnership moving forward! 
PS As an additional thought, standard report print fonts are minuscule. 

TraceyF2
2 Posts
User

Yes please - this is so frustrating - they have taken away our functionality without warning

adam_a
Trusted Cover User
39 Posts
Trusted Cover User
2 Steps and you might get something close to what you want: 1. Reporting --> PDF Style Templates. Create new template with logo and everything. call it payslip 2. Reporting --> Reports --> Payroll --> Payroll advice . Adjust time frame, and click the arrow down to expand then click export PDF and select template as Payslip you created above then click export. While the above can make you achieve what you want I think it was not a smart move from myob to do that latest change and let us figure things out so I';m think of migrating to xero. Any one migrated to xero?
DataGal
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Totally agree, TankAqua

I like neat and orderly payslips with ability to add a logo.

I would also like a text box.

I add employee info for pays & superanuation, including directions on how to view thier pay info via their MyGov A/c.

Just part of my service to our employees.

A company payslip can make them feel appreciated and apart of our business and and not just a 'tax form'

Hope I sound more PR then OCD.

Regards Aymee or DataGal

KTRCreations
3 Posts
User

agree - also allow payroll summary reports to be printed like the old version too. i had to right them down individually this pay run from each employees pay slip as the "payroll summary" report didn't match the pay run and was missing an employee.

nousername
5 Posts
User

Couldn't agree more.  Please return them to the old format OR allow us to customise them. 

We have responsibility to our employees to ensure they understand their pay and entitlements.  We had to apologise to our staff and tell them we had no idea if it could be fixed. Currently looking into Quickbooks Online and Xero to see what their payslips look like.