Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Edit Payslip template

Contributing User

14Posts

264Kudos

1Solutions

14 Posts
Contributing User
New
New

Please allow us to edit the Payslip template in MYOB Essentials.  

I have employees who are on hourly and some on salary.  The hourly rate showing on the salary payslip and the annual salary showing on the casual hourly rate payslip is misleading and looks very unprofessional.

The layout of the Payslip is also not well thought out.  Very sad indeed.

"Payslips"

82 Comments
MW_Allie
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hopefully they hear us and take this on board.  Especially since we can edit the payslips in MYOB AccountRight, and these look just the same.  Agree - having annual salary does not look professional when it does not reflect the true annual salary of an employee (eg casual / varied hours)

N_R
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Yesterday was so disappointing when I was changed over to the new system, the payslips are terrible, all my employees are casual and its now showing a yearly salary which definately isnt the case, ( i would hate them to challenge me to a full salary ) please return it to how it was for pay slips, this just now looks like a junky piece of paper 

IPWA
13 Posts
User

Yes please!

NicM1
1 Post
User

Agreed.

We have employees who are casual.

The annual salary showing on the casual hourly rate payslip is confusing.

ArtCortez
1 Post
User

Hi 

We have few casuals in our payroll.  I need to amend their Payslip so not to show their Annual Salary as they are paid by the hour.

I have created a customised payslip deleting the field for Annual Salary, however I need to relate it to employee cards as I still need to show the Annual Salary field for permanent employees.

Korinne
1 Post
User

Hi Guys, 

Re: Payslips.

NikiG is correct about allowing any simple edits and the removal of salary from casual employees payslips as all payslip emails always now have to state that this is incorrect as they are currently employed as a casual and we are unable to remove this from a myob payslip unfortunately. 
We have also since had to develop a lengthy and detailed employment contract which also states this as we can get into trouble for misleading any casual worker. 
This did take some serious time. 
Simple formatting would also go a long way as none of the text from the left side down even lines up, another thing our casual employee picked up on. Good times.

@NikiG wrote:

I have employees who are on hourly and some on salary.  The hourly rate showing on the salary payslip and the annual salary showing on the casual hourly rate payslip is misleading and looks very unprofessional.

The layout of the Payslip is also not well thought out.  Very sad indeed.

"Payslips"

Cheers

kmvbookkeeping
1 Post
User

My client's file has just been upgraded.

The payslip is terrible.  Its a step backwards to the old original MYOB layout.

Fixing it should be a priority.

ivonnekusumah
3 Posts
User

I agree with the above. Please consider removing the annual salary figures if the person is on casual basis.

Removing annual salary in payslip for casual staff - paid hourly

Michelle35
2 Posts
User

I am extremely disappointed with the payslip since the upgrade.  I have casual employees.  An annual salary (which cannot be removed) is definitely inappropriate.  The old payslip to the end user was so much more user friendly.  The new layout is terrible.  I do feel this is a step backwards and will actually conisdering changing systems as a result of this.  I have been a long term user and advocate of MYOB until this disappointing upgrade.

SSNJ
2 Posts
User

As someone else also brought up, please update in some way that annual salary is not shown on payslip for casual employees.  Our casual employees do not have set hours every week.  It automatically calculate basic hours (which casual employees do not have but instruction said that I have to put some numbers so I entered average possible hours but not necessary correct) x hourly rate x 52 weeks!  Our casual worker does not necessary work 52 weeks so every time I issue a payslip, I have to tell everyone to disregard the annual salary shown on the payslip.  Please fix this asap.  Also please make it possible that we do not have to enter basic hours for casual workers.  They are casual therefore there is no basic hours.

For quote and invoice number, I noticed that for example, when I create new invoice, it sometimes carry out following number from last quote, instead of last invoice, or vice versa.  Invoice number and quote number are not necessary same for all companies so I hope it can be fixed to carry out number for new quote from last quote, and carry out number for new invoice from last invoice.

Thank you and hope they get looked into asap.