Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
Rod_Giddings
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I could not agree more.  It is not satisfactory to have a payroll system that does not cover all of an employers obligations.

Please consider an update to the software ASAP !!!!!

ROBBIE001
3 Posts
User

Hi

How do you record your employees or keep track of LSL ?

This is a standard feature of payroll ?

BBPS
3 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree... have just made the switch to Essentials from Account Right and are finding quite a few things that were necessary standard features for our business no longer available to me with Essentials.... Not very happy!!

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your post, comments and votes. I understand it would be great to be able to setup and accrue Long Service Leave in MYOB Essentials. We hope to introduce it in a  future update of the software. In the meantime we request everyone wanting this function to please continue to vote and add comments. 

Majic
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This would be a great functionality to add to the system !!!!!

tkal
4 Posts
Cover User

Cmon Myob - this should be a no brainer.

Long Service Leave is critical to any accounting system.

This should be an absolute priority.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your post, @tkal

We understand you would like to be able to track Long Service Leave in Essentials. As mentioned this request has been passed on to our product development team.

The recent separation of Payroll in Essentials will enable us to incorporate further functionalities within Payroll. We will keep you posted.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

Tomr
1 Post
Cover User

Tracking LSL is Essential - a statutory requirement - so MYOB Essentials is lacking.

Not to even have the ability to enter a pay category once for all employees - very poor.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Tomr 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the long service leave in Essentials, I have sheared this with the team.

Kind regards,

Kat 

3 Posts
User

We have switched to MYOB Essentials from Premier and had no idea that we would not be able to track LSL.  On an earlier post and reply given was that this would be released in a later version.  Can you please tell me when/if this is happening?

I agree - this is a statutory requirement.  Hard to believe I am using a product (especially one as respected as MYOB) that does not cater for this.

Bec