Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Remittance Advice

1Posts

476Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to have the function on my myob LiveAccounts to enable me to create a Remittance Advice to send to my suppliers to advise of a payment made. 

Currently when I print an expense (that has already been entered with a payment) to a supplier it produces a 'Purchase Order' document showing the expense, and the payment made.  However it would be more suitable for the document to be a 'Remittance Advice' and also have details on the document showing the bank information of the supplier in which the payment has been made to.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to generate remittance advices for their payments.

Check out Help Article: Send remittance advices for more information.

193 Comments
CMak
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Would love an update on when we are going to be able to send a remittance. Seems quite dissapointing that this is still not a feature to be added considering how long ago it was suggested and how many comments and votes this idea has received

markmbrisbane
1 Post
User

The remittance advice function is essential.  I'm surprised this has not been included from the start.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your votes and feedback @CMak and @markmbrisbane

Adding remittance advice in MYOB Essentials Accounting is definitely something our developers are considering, however I'm very sorry that we do not have a time frame available for this feature at this stage. 

I do encourage any interested users to show your support by casting your votes, and comment if needed.

Alexis82
1 Post
User

Please, please can we have the remittance function! I switched from Quickbooks and am starting to regret the decisionas not only is this basic function of running a business missing, I cant even sceenshot the pay supplier screen as that dosn't even have the supplier invoice number on it.

Can you please advise if there ever will be this function avaliable, surly it cant be that hard and the same old respose as "definitely something our developers are considering" is getting a bit long in the tooth. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Alexis82

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Currently this idea has been marked as Under Consideration. This does mean that we are still investigating the possibility of adding that functionality to the program. At this stage we unfortunately don't have a time frame for when this idea will be marked as in development and implemented into the program.

ANA-B
5 Posts
User

I have am also looking to move over to MYOB Essentials from AccountEdge Pro, and am finding a lot of basic functions missing.  I also vote for a Remittance Advice via email option.   double thumbs up from me.

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ANA-B

Thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to MYOB Essentails, I have shared your thoughts with the team.

BeckyC
1 Post
User

2 weeks ago I finally convinced our accountant to change our accounting software to MYOB Essentials..Now I think it's a biggest mistake I've made of the year!

I now decided not to go with MYOB Essentials anymore just like what Skinpack said the remittance advice function was suggested in late 2013 and it's mid 2015 now, the suggestion is still under consideration? Not a happy camper...

NOOKEvents
1 Post
Cover User

Hi @Steven_M

This would be very handy feature to have as typing out remittance advices in an email manually is very time consuming.

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @NOOKEventsI would agree it would certainly improve workflow. Thanks for voting and commenting on this idea.