Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Remittance Advice

1Posts

476Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to have the function on my myob LiveAccounts to enable me to create a Remittance Advice to send to my suppliers to advise of a payment made. 

Currently when I print an expense (that has already been entered with a payment) to a supplier it produces a 'Purchase Order' document showing the expense, and the payment made.  However it would be more suitable for the document to be a 'Remittance Advice' and also have details on the document showing the bank information of the supplier in which the payment has been made to.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to generate remittance advices for their payments.

Check out Help Article: Send remittance advices for more information.

193 Comments
Sharon_99
9 Posts
User

Mitch63, I can't see the remittance advice feature in Essentials?

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Sharon,

When you select Record Payment on a bill a pop up window appears which has a small check box at the bottom to send a remittance advice. I suggest after you tick the box and hit send you put the kettle on coz man, does it drag it's heels sending. Lots of fun at the end of the month when like me you have about 50 individual creditors.... Like I said, very slow and very clunky. Makes the old AccountEdge seem space age.

Busygirlange
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Mitch

I don't have that window come up on Essentials, perhaps you are using a different MYOB product?

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Ange,

I'm using MYOB Essentials- on a Mac if that makes any difference. I don't know for how much longer though, the program is so infuriatingly slow and repetitive I might have to go to something else before I go completely nuts. Not sure if you ever used AccountEdge before they stopped supporting it but it was ten times the program Essentials is.

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Ange,

Screenshot below

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.20.08 pm.jpg

Busygirlange
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks Mitch, have done a google and it looks like the original essentials users are the last ones to get the upgraded essentials platform. They started rollout 2020, but with COVID etc the rest of us get it sometime this year 2021. Google was quicker than a phone call!

Tektite
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

Hi Ange and Mitch

Thanks for the info regarding the remittance advice.  I look forward to getting the upgrade.  Hopefully more than just the 'remittance advice' problem will be solved.  I miss AccountEdge - it was much more user friendly than Essentials is.

Deb_Woo
Contributing User
29 Posts
Contributing User

I totally agree with Eventfully Yours comment

spann
1 Post
User

this is a fairly basic and essential part of an accounting program, surprised it's not included

timmytigers
4 Posts
User

Still waiting!!! Any updates? 2021 already.