Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Remittance Advice

1Posts

476Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to have the function on my myob LiveAccounts to enable me to create a Remittance Advice to send to my suppliers to advise of a payment made. 

Currently when I print an expense (that has already been entered with a payment) to a supplier it produces a 'Purchase Order' document showing the expense, and the payment made.  However it would be more suitable for the document to be a 'Remittance Advice' and also have details on the document showing the bank information of the supplier in which the payment has been made to.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to generate remittance advices for their payments.

Check out Help Article: Send remittance advices for more information.

193 Comments
UIGuser
2 Posts
Cover User

New to MYOB essentials live, looking through the posts I cant believe that this feature is not already present, and still only in consideration mode!

Cmon MYOB lets get this moving.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @UIGuser

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Currently the idea has been marked as Under Consideration. This does mean the program development team are investigating the idea and working through ways of which it can be implemented into the program. At this stage in the process we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Once again thank you for you feedback I have shared it with the team.

Michell777
1 Post
User

I hope the 'remittance advice' feature is added to MYOB essentials very soon!

It would be very helpful to have this.

AndrewATPL
9 Posts
Cover User

Please add the ability to send remittance advice via email. Not all my clients ask for it but for those who do, we need to be able to provide it easily.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Michell777

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Ablecrete
7 Posts
Cover User

Is this still "under consideration" or will it forever be a request from users for a simple feature? 

How many votes are needed for this issue to be escalated?

Arborhouse
2 Posts
User

Remittance Advise are an essential part of accounts payable. I am surprised this is not already a function on MYOB Essentials.

This would be a great function to have. Thank you Smiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ablecrete

Currently this idea has been marked as under consideration as something that the program development team is looking into adding it in future releases of the software. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this particular idea will be marked as in development however at this stage we are still encouraging users to vote and comment if required for this idea.

In terms of votes for an idea, there is no set number of votes an idea needs to be marked as in development. An idea with a higher number of votes will be placed in  high demand meaning we will investigate and attempt to implement that idea ahead of other ideas with lesser demand.

DCANOD
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Why has this not yet happened? I wasted a good 45 minutes on one supplier earlier.. sooo frustrating. at  a minimum at least add the column to one of the bills reports and we can copy and paste it... whilst we all wait for a fix Smiley Happy

kc0202
2 Posts
User

Please can you include a remittance advice option. This is such a basic function that all accounts need to do when they pay a bill and I am repeatedly asked and so embarrased to say I can't do it!!!