Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Journal report - only show General Journal transactions

Sie
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great if when using the journal report in Essentials, that you could have a tick box to only show General Journals and not all journals.

"General Journal Report - Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

The Journal entry report in MYOB Essentials has a filter option on it where the user can select the Transaction type. This will allow the user to only select General journal transactions if required.

7 Comments
TRG
6 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB,

Are you able to do one or both of the following:

- create a report in MYOB Essentials so only the general journals entered are printed (similar to the transaction report that can be printed in the desktop versions of MYOB)

- allow the report found under reports; business reports; journals to be dumped in Excel.  This would allow us to filter out the irrelevant transactions and locate the general journals

Cheers

"General Journal Report"

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @TRG  We're appreciate feedback regarding reporting in Essentials. Anyone who would like to see a report showing only General Journals, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

BevanB
1 Post
User

Good idea.

gpower1000
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

Hi I need this report too. I find it incredible that its not available. I have to print each journal I created individually to send to my auditor. If I make changes, I have to do it all again. 

marnie
2 Posts
Cover User

You should definitely be able to print the General Journals for the year to give to the Accountant for the client.....It's an Essential! Pardon the pun!

JAM168
Experienced Partner
44 Posts
Experienced Partner

... or a specific report for General Journal entries. This helps for audit purposes.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Journal entry report in MYOB Essentials has a filter option on it where the user can select the Transaction type. This will allow the user to only select General journal transactions if required.