Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Pay item transactions - Include hours worked

Contributing User

10Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing User
New
New

I used to be able to get hours worked on the Pay Items transaction report. The new version only has dollars. 

I contacted online support and received the following response:

I have looked at report and have found Unfortunately, Due to update, this feature has ben removed, there is no way to include it in that report.

It is very disappointing when an "upgrade" takes away a useful feature that is used.  Please return this functionality.

"Pay items report should still include hours worked"

7 Comments
Katherina_White
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

I agree and would also find this super useful!

dudley2017
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

I also found having hours worked as a very good bit of information on pays.  The upgrade is a complete joke and far worse than what it was before.  Would be extremely happy to revert back to older version.  Not impressed at all.

Maree22
1 Post
User

MYOB is getting worse with each upgrade. We have students working at our firm and we can no longer provide them with their total hours worked as this has now been removed. This will now have to be done manually and in some cases will go back to four years. Well done again MYOB.

Sara5
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User

I am looking for a report for the Pay Item hours to recalcualte the Accured leave is there another report that I can use?

Katherina_White
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

@Sara5 Have you tried the Leave Balance Report?

Swimable
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

The Payroll Activity report provides hours worked when you select expand all for each employee.

Leave Balance report is not useful for hours for casual employees.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Swimable

Thank you so much for your post and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Pay Items transaction report. 

I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. To include Pay Items in a report that includes hours worked in the new version of MYOB, you can follow these general steps:  

• Navigate to the reporting section in AccountRight where you can access payroll reports. The location may vary depending on the MYOB version you are using.
  • Look for an existing payroll report template that includes pay items and hours worked, or create a custom report if needed.
  • Customize the report settings to include the specific pay items related to hours worked. This may involve selecting pay item categories like regular hours, overtime, or any other relevant categories.
  • Specify the date range for which you want to generate the report. You can select a specific pay period or a custom date range.
  • Customize the report columns to display the information you need. Include columns for employee names, employee ID, hours worked, and any other relevant details.
  • Click the "Generate" or "Run" button to generate the Pay Items report based on your configuration.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl