Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Export all reports to Excel

Trusted Partner

60Posts

246Kudos

3Solutions

60 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

Need to make all reports exportable to excel

Cant export trial balance to excel

Cant export GST reports to excel

Balance sheet exports account numbers and account description into separate columns yet P&L is concatenated - WHY?

All this makes it time consuming to prepare working papers

"Export reports to excel"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all showing your support for this idea

MYOB Business allows for all reports to be exported to Excel.

80 Comments
DeBo
1 Post
Cover User

Essentials is not a great program. How do I get payroll activity to excel? Xero is much easier and user friendly. What will we recomend clients use with these rediculous issues? please pick up your game

peterearp
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Totally agree. This is one of the reasons I do not recommend Essentials to a great number of clients.

Xeroisbetter12
1 Post
User

MYOB essentials is actually a joke. My "New Idea" is that everyone migrates to Xero. 

Its been 5 years and they still haven't added a function to generate all their reports to excel - who in the world wants a trial balance exported to PDF?

They clearly went out of their way to design the most non-sensical system they could. 

BenNeville
1 Post
User

It beggars belief that a trial balnce cannot be exported to excel??? I didn't ask when I was weighing accounitng software options - it is just assumed. 

This will certianly make me change providers if not fixed asap.

lynleyp
2 Posts
User

Does my head in that the reports don't export to excel!!  It surely can't be a difficult thing. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPGRADE THIS!

TonyDobbo
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It's staggering to me that we currently cannot export reports from MYOB to CSV/Excel.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @TonyDobbo 

The new version of Essentials does allow you to export all your reports to PDF or Excel.  Not sure when you will be included in the update but I understand it is a staged roll out.  One of my clients is already on it.

Regards,

AlanT

melior
5 Posts
User

Any trial balance export to spreadsheets yet?

Thank You

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all showing your support for this idea

MYOB Business allows for all reports to be exported to Excel.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Thanks @Steven_M 

Unfortunately 7 years later, only about 50% of my Essential clients have been upgraded to the New product.

AlanT