Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Inclusion of Payables with tax and Receivables with Tax

Cover User

1Posts

70Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

Could we please have reports of Payables with Tax and Receivables with Tax as per AccountRight included in Essentials?

I think that most Essentials customers report GST on a cash basis.  One of the checks I perform before submitting a BAS is to check the balances of the GST Collected and GST Paid accounts against the amounts to be reported in the BAS.  With non-cash reporting, the two should match so that's easy.  With cash reporting the difference should be the GST on outstanding payables and receivables at the end of the quarter.  Hence I would really appreciate this report being available in MYOB Essentials so that I can complete this check.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

The Payables with tax and Receivables with tax reports are available in MYOB Essentials.

26 Comments
SharonLawrence
5 Posts
Cover User

In MYOB Account Right you can do a report for payables or receivables "with tax".  This is useful when the financials statements are prepared on an accruals basis, but GST is on a cash basis.  In these situations, in order to reconcile your GST to your BAS you need to remove the GST on debtors and creditors, and in Account Right the payables/receivables "with tax" report gives you the GST to remove.  In Essentials, you have to check every invoice on the list to see the GST as no such report exists.

Therefore my request to MYOB if for Essentials to have the "with tax" report available.

SharonLawrence
5 Posts
Cover User

Not sure that @Curtis36 has made a comment on the right post?  Has nothing to do with my request

SharonLawrence
5 Posts
Cover User

I realize that you can do GST reports as cash or accruals.  This wouldn't help me.  At year end we need to know how much GST is in payables and receivables at 30/6 - sometimes this is easy because all sales have GST, but if it is a mixed business it is not.  Using the GST reports will not tell me how much GST is in the receivables/payables at a point in time.

Even if you look at the difference between the accruals and cash reports, what about the timing differences from the previous quarter?  This will not work.

Having the "with tax" report just like in Account Right is the simple solution.  Thanks

Joanne_Groves
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

At the end of the reporting period, we need to be able to find out the GST in the unpaid invoices and unpaid bills.

In AccountRight, this is the Receivables with Tax and Supplier with Tax reports.

The only way I can get this in Essentials for debtors (Where I only have 1 account that has no tax) is to run the GL for that sales account as accrual and then as cash, the difference is the amount that is in the debtors total.  Because we have started using Essentials this year, this is currently working although time consuming.

With the creditors this is a nightmare.  I have to print a list of the unpaid bills, then look at every bill ( i have four pages this month) and work out which have tax and which have no tax to work out my adjustment.

I have to do this at the end of every month for our reconciliations.  Surely you can add this report to Essentials.  I can see that this has been raised before, but the MYOB person who has responded by suggesting running the GST report as accrual and then cash obviously does not understand the problem.

Any essentials client who has an accountant trying to reconcile between accrual for their financial statements and cash BAS lodgements  will require this report at year end at a minumum. 

Can we please have an Unpaid invoices with Tax and Unpaid bills with Tax report in essentials.

'need a report to show the tax amount in the unpaid invoices and unpaid bills"

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Joanne_Groves

Thank you for your idea in relation to Essentials and an Unpaid invoice and bills report with tax.

I would encourage other users that would like to see an unpaid invoice and bills report that will show the tax amount to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Docca61
5 Posts
Former Staff

Hi if you are doing Accrual Accounting you need to be able to determine the GST on the Outrsatnding Debtors.  At the momemt there is no GST Column.  Not every invoice is potentaially 1/11 as there could be GST Free Sales or Exempt Sales etc.

This report is available in Account Right We need it in Essentials as well.

Docca61
5 Posts
Former Staff

To run your GST reports correctly if you are doing Accrual Accounting you need to be able to determine the exact amount of GST Credits your are entitled to just like you can in Account Right (Payables with Tax).  It is not necessarily 1/11 GST as you may have purchased GST Free Item etc. 

MMacc
Experienced Partner
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

I completely agree with Joanne.  I use those reports every quarter and at the end of every year to ensure the GST accounts are reconciled.  Essentials is so efficient but this is going to be a real pain if you can't produce a report that shows how much GST is in debtors & creditors.

Markjfco
Partner
9 Posts
Partner

Hi

My client prepares BAS's on a cash basis but the accounts are prepared on an accruals basis. Not all sales and purchases have GST on them.

I would like a reports as per the following Accountright 2017 reports

1. Receivable With Tax

2. Payable With Tax

How else can I quickly reconcile my GST accounts?

Vicky_Chen
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB Support Team,

I have asked for the function of GST showing on the Accounts Receivable account before with you. I wonder if I can ask it again? Please see the attached report-Transactions on Accounts Receivable account (Trade Debtors account). On the last column, there is no GST outstanding amount showing on debtors, it should be GST amount on Debtors report.

Also, the second attachment is extracted from MYOB AccountRight Live version, it is a report named Receivable with Tax under Reports - Index to Reports - Sales, it is showing GST outstanding on Debtors. 

Could you tell me when this function will be available?

Kind regards, Vicky