Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Add descriptions rather select items

Partner

1Posts

55Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Partner
Australia

I have been looking into using Essentials for a client and being able to recommend it others.

Most of my clients use Service invoices & so need space to type descriptions rather than items & the ability to show only the description coloum & for some the price coloum on the right.

Essentials Live would be the perfect package if there was the ability to do this.  Most of my clients would like to use Essentials as it is a true live version, where as Accounts right still need a program on a computer to access it and can't be accessed on there smart phones or tablets.

Is there anything being released soon that would do this?

Kind regards

Tori

"More options to customise invoices in Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2015

Hi everyone, Thank you very much for your comments and votes. As you may have already noticed you can now choose the Invoice and Quote layout that best suits your business needs. The latest Essentials Blog has more information on this.

23 Comments
MSP
1 Post
Cover User

I have just moved over from Account right live to essentials and am disappointed with the inability to customise forms as in my previous version.  I agree that if this package had the customise forms capabilities of account right live it would be much more sophisticated.

Concreter
1 Post
Cover User

The lack of flexibilty with the invoice templates does not make sense - the advise to upgrade to AccountRight live to have more flexibility seems ridiculous given the difference in price and level of expertise required in using it - great for a bigger business but overkill for many.

Improvements needed:

The logo is riduculously small in the huge blank space that it sits in - can we please enlarge this if required.

The Item column is not necessary

the ability to add a comment relevant to the individual business on the bottom eg terms and conditions

I am sure that there are many more - I have only just started looking at it!

april1968
1 Post
Cover User

I currently use a lot of subcontractors for my business and to enable me to invoice my customers on time, I pay my subcontractors by RCTI.  I would love to be able to customise invoices further as currently I have to create an invoice in Office and then re-enter the invoice in MYOB.  I'm having to do twice the amount of work.

Montyj
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

Hi I think I have been told to join Essentials under false advice   The MYOB sales guy advised me that this would be perfect for our electrical business.   Unfortunately the invoices are completely unsuitable for us and if we cant change them for a service type invoice then this program is totally of no use to us.    Will this change or do I need to somehow cancel the subscription.   Very disappointed as I explained very directly to the sales guy who was actually a MYOB employee and he said this was the best for us.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Montyj 

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me. I'm sorry the advice given in regards to the invoices for your industry wasn't right. As a gesture of goodwill I have organised a free month of support for you.

setonlillas
2 Posts
User

Hi there,

I could really use a field to enter the project address for quotes and invoices and have that information appear in the quotes/invoices and in the body of the emails sent.

Also, other programs allow me to modify the templates and emails so that I can insert/modify fields such as client name etc

I have some clients that have multiple project managers so I need a way to choose which project manager the quote/invoice relates to.

Nigel101
1 Post
User
Hi, I have come from using Account Edge. it would be good to be able to add fields into invoices such as Job number & Job Address.
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you one and all for your comments and ideas. We understand the importance of being able to customise forms in Essentials. I'm happy to report that this Idea is currently in development. We hope to soon release an update offering more flexibility with invoices.

NicholasB
2 Posts
Former Staff

Hi guys I’m a user experience designer at MYOB and I’m part of the essentials team. Thank you all for your feedback – it’s great.

We’re revisiting invoices now and could use your help. I’ve created a quick survey (less than 10 minutes) that includes a new draft layout and would like your feedback.

If you’re interested the survey is here http://goo.gl/0ITjub

NicholasB
2 Posts
Former Staff

Hi guys I’m a user experience designer at MYOB and I’m part of the essentials team. Thank you all for your feedback – it’s great.

We’re revisiting invoices now and could use your help. I’ve created a quick survey (less than 10 minutes) that includes a new draft layout and would like your feedback.

If you’re interested the survey is here http://goo.gl/0ITjub