Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Custom field that can be searchable/filtered by

2Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

Would be really great to be able to add notes to an invoice like a provider number, license number etc...

"Custom Invoice fields"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for the idea. I understand having more fields to enter data would help to automatically display important information on your invoices. We encourage other users who would like the ability to have additional fields to vote and add further comments.

24 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea. I understand having more fields to enter data would help to automatically display important information on your invoices. We encourage other users who would like the ability to have additional fields to vote and add further comments.
JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

Hi

I would like to see a field as the first "entry" on an invoice to allow for a job reference/order number.  Currently I have to use the first line, but the price ends up "reading across" from this reference rather than the work description or item, and doesn't look right.

Jill

Krickett
10 Posts
User

I would like the ability to remove fields - the "item" field in the current format is of no use to me.

Additionally to Jill's suggestion - I would also like a job reference option.  I would like to not only be able to link quotes and invoices to it but also the associated expenses.

KenClark
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

I would like to see 4 additional fields:

* Company Name as well as Trading Name

* Mobile Phone No

* Email Address

* Licence No (for bulders etc)

Renovations
2 Posts
User

Yes please, KenClark has listed fields that would be useful.

Also JillS uses the 1st line of an invoice as I do.

In creating an invoice, I generally describe the project location and works description however I have to put a money figure in for this general explaination - leaving it blank is not an option.  It looks unprofessional to be charging a dollar or even a cent for a general description of the works being invoiced for.

And, I agree with Krickett that the Item field is of no use, and the option to delete or hide this field would be useful.

Finally, when the detail in an invoice consumes half the 1st page it prints to the 2nd page with a great deal (approx a 3rd of the page) left as white space on the 1st page - can we have some greater control over the size of fields?

Regards,

Dan

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree with all the above comments.

Having a header option would be really helpful (just like AccountRight).

There are some types of businesses which require more fields than others, so it may be a good idea if these extra fields are attached to the company types when setting up the company. That way its only there for those who need it, and not annoying those who don't use it.

The other option is to have an option to turn on/off these fields so anyone can access them if they wish.

StudioNero
4 Posts
User

I wish Essentials had a "Description" field, which would appear on the Quote, Invoice and Statement. It is too confusing to tell what is going on from just a list of invoice numbers.

Digital_Icon
5 Posts
User

Hi Myob team

Totally Agree!! I have just moved accross from Accountedge and this is a key feature that is well needed for I am guessing most users. 

To be able to add Blank lines and Description fields is something I need and use for every quote. To send it to a client with a $0.00 value looks unprofessional

Regards

Cameron McLean

JulieBeans
6 Posts
User

In the NEW INVOICE screen on MYOB essentials.  It would be hugely beneficial to have another field, above or below the order number field, where we can include our own company reference. Then make this box a searchable one, (as is the invoice number already).  We can then include things such as ship name, or our own job references.   And search jobs with ease.

Searching solely via MYOB invoice number can take a long time when you have a client with many similarly priced invoices.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the excellent suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see an additional searchable field on invoices, please cast your vote here.