Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Packing Slips

Cover User

2Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I have a couple ideas that I think need to be urgently added to Myob Essentials.  

Firstly you can not discount on your invoices, this is such a basic feature that I can not believe Myob did not think it necessary to add in to Essentials.  

Also you cannot print a packing slip! Again a basic feature left out.

When entering a new item, you have to enter the price ex gst. Another headache I did not need & again I am sure an easy add on for Myob.

Hopefully if enough people leave similar ideas for essentials Myob will add them in.  As a business owner I have to say they will really speed up my time wasting issues.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thank you for your suggestions @Loanne8  Our idea exchange allows other users to vote for your suggestions, so that our developers can see which suggestions are the most popular. For this reason, we ask that you make a single suggestion per idea, so that we can see which ideas are being voted for and respond appropriately.

You can add add a discount when recording an invoice by adding a line with negative price to the invoice. This will come off of the total for the invoice. You can also record discounts when settling the invoice by typing the discount amount in the 'discounts given' column on the customer payments screen.

In regards to entering item prices with tax, this suggestion has been made previously. I recommend that you vote for this idea here:

Option to enter item prices either inclusive or exclusive of GST

In regards to packing slips, I can certainly see how some businesses using Essentials may wish to use packing slips. Anyone else who would like to see packing slips in MYOB Essentials, please cast your vote here.

32 Comments
Shrent
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi MYOB, 

I am really disappointed a simple feature like packing slips does not exist. Also, your software (Essentials) does not generate purchase orders or integrate into other online systems like Zapier and Woocommerce. For the digital world we live in this a little disappointing...

Shrent
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I couldn't agree more - I will be moving to Xero due to the lack of this feature.

MGK
1 Post
Cover User

Basic feature is a must. Please add Packing Slip to MYOB essential software.

DaveSchem
4 Posts
Cover User

This Delivery Docket - Packing Slip issue has been clearly around on this forum along time.

When is Myob going to act? Do i have to cancel my Myob Account and use another product?

Alot of companies require a delivery docket / packing slip to ship items, myself I need them to have the customer sign for the goods without showing pricing as sometimes we take our product to site and we dont want paperwork with pricing sitting around a construction site.

I am so dissappointed to have signed up for such a product with something so basic missing from it. It's such a simple requirement - its 2017.

I will be sharing my dissappointment with my accountant firm, as they are the ones that suggested I jump onboard.

DexterWindow
1 Post
Cover User

packing slips is must, and because of this i'm currently looking for alternative to myob essentials. 

rosemaryhill
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We need packing slips! Right now we have to use another accounting software package to create packing slips. Its a lot of work and is making us seriously consider getting rid of MYOB Essentials. We send goods out the door every day. Who doesn't send a packing slip with the goods?

King_D
2 Posts
Cover User

Packing Slip / Delivery Note is essential, so why is this not possible in Essentials?  You could at least make it possible to vote for this idea.

Neddy001
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We are a manufacturing business that needs to ship all of our goods. Packing slips are essential for each order and if provided, will make our business life easier. The savings in creating an invoice from the quote are great but the full workflow through to a packing slip is not there. We have to rekey all the information from the invoice into Word to generate a suitable packing slip.

If you are authentic and in the know you will understand how internet based businesses need to include the right paperwork with the shipped goods. Introducing the option to print a packing slip is a quick win for MYOB and your clients as it is simply the invoice with the prices removed.

ChrisV1947
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I've just checked the forum searching for information about creating packing slips / delivery dockets in Essentials.  This was after posting a support request which has been ignored to date.  

It seems that Essentails simply cannot creat such common documents which should simply be invoices under a different name with cost extensions deleted.

Could the development team at MYOB please look at rectifying this?

mark1980
1 Post
Cover User

I would like to be able to print a delivery docket form MYOB Essentials.

I can only print Invoices yet there are multiple customers that would prefer to only get a delivery docket so as the employees at their venues do not see the pricing of individual items.

Could you please look into this as I know it can be done in Premier but not in Essentials.