Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Packing Slips

Cover User

2Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I have a couple ideas that I think need to be urgently added to Myob Essentials.  

Firstly you can not discount on your invoices, this is such a basic feature that I can not believe Myob did not think it necessary to add in to Essentials.  

Also you cannot print a packing slip! Again a basic feature left out.

When entering a new item, you have to enter the price ex gst. Another headache I did not need & again I am sure an easy add on for Myob.

Hopefully if enough people leave similar ideas for essentials Myob will add them in.  As a business owner I have to say they will really speed up my time wasting issues.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thank you for your suggestions @Loanne8  Our idea exchange allows other users to vote for your suggestions, so that our developers can see which suggestions are the most popular. For this reason, we ask that you make a single suggestion per idea, so that we can see which ideas are being voted for and respond appropriately.

You can add add a discount when recording an invoice by adding a line with negative price to the invoice. This will come off of the total for the invoice. You can also record discounts when settling the invoice by typing the discount amount in the 'discounts given' column on the customer payments screen.

In regards to entering item prices with tax, this suggestion has been made previously. I recommend that you vote for this idea here:

Option to enter item prices either inclusive or exclusive of GST

In regards to packing slips, I can certainly see how some businesses using Essentials may wish to use packing slips. Anyone else who would like to see packing slips in MYOB Essentials, please cast your vote here.

32 Comments
Chris_111
2 Posts
Cover User

Picking skip/delivery docket feature is still so desperately needed.

Also minor inventory management would be nice. (Quantities of each item).

samcsteel
3 Posts
User

The thread for this reqest goes back over 4 years and each response says "it is on the list for consideration".

PLEASE ADD A PACKING SLIP OPTION TO MYOB Essentials. Surely this is simple enough to do and is an essential option for businesses that ship products. 

EE19
1 Post
User
I want to be able to print packing slips, delivery dockets or unpriced invoices and give them to the workshop detailing order specifications (ie store instructions for job/purchase/delivery) outlining various details pertaining to customers purchase order.. that would initially print a pick slip to the workshop/warehouse for the store person to action by either
1- noting non-stock items for buy-ins or materials not in stock OR
2- complete instructions to fulfil order and either convert slip to invoice for delivery, or send d/dkt without prices and customer receives invoice via email or post.

Basic feature but not available?
Any comments or ideas please?
norita
4 Posts
Cover User

We would like to be able to have the option of creating a Delivery Note to email or print to customers. It would be great if this could be implemented in the Myob Essential software.

DavidHam
1 Post
User

Pack slips please essentials. The data is all there, just need a essentials to do an automated query to a template much the same as the invoice.

Not a big ask, but it is a major over sight!

Please bring this up MYOB up to speed as it is in xero

ALR96
2 Posts
User

When will we be able to create packing slips/delivery dockets on MYOB Essentials? 

Rob6
2 Posts
User

On Essentials we have invoice, quote and purchase order.

Part and parcel is a delivery docket which we dont have, with items but no prices.

Can you please add this feature?

arjay
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Should be a given that you can print a delivery docket from an accounting package 

spicetasmania
1 Post
User

MYOB Essentials doesn't allow for the user to produce packing slips, only invoices or quotes.

I have customers that require a paper docket on delivery??

Lewie89
1 Post
User

Is there any update on MYOB Essentials getting packing slip functionality?

This would be a great addition, as I'm currently doing this manually using Microsoft Excel but I'm getting close to swapping to Xero to get this functionality and get some time back in my day.