Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Invoice description in Invoices window

6Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
User
New Zealand

I, and others would find it helpful, if we were able to search for an invoice by entering a name or keyword, we expect would be in it.

Example, we do a lot of shipping service work for a fishing company.  The invoices all go to the company, but they have many ships we service.  I cannot see a way, that we could search that companies, hundreds of invoices....by a single ship name or keyword.  For later refernce of what work we have performed in the past.  Can this functionality be implemented?

"Searching invoice details by a keyword"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2015

Thank you for your suggestion and comments. 

Improving the search ability in Essentials Accounting is certainly something our developers would like to do in the future. We welcome any interested users to cast your vote for this idea, or post any further suggestions in the comment section, it would greatly help our developers to prioritise their work. 

30 Comments
John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Is there any chance that MYOB will introduce a stronger "Keyword" search capability in Account Right & Essentials?

Seems like clients will need to be able to search & find older Invoices & Client details based on Keywords rather than just phone numbers, Invoice ID's etc.

Is this something that can be developed?

Cheers,

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @John_P,

Thank you for your suggestion, I've passed your idea to our developers for consideration. While it may not be adding a keyword exactly, it is certainly something our developers are happy to look into in the future. 

Please feel free to post again at any time if you have more queries. 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion and comments. 

Improving the search ability in Essentials Accounting is certainly something our developers would like to do in the future. We welcome any interested users to cast your vote for this idea, or post any further suggestions in the comment section, it would greatly help our developers to prioritise their work. 

PaulChamberlain
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

I have many invoices all going to the same client name - all good. However, if I need to be able to search for any particulars within any one invoices, I can't unless there is a reference line or additional field that is fully indexed and associated to the invoices and fully searchable. This field could be optional to the user.

I can't use the Purchase Order field, as was suggested by my accountant because:

a) that's already filled with a Purchase Order number already provided to me to use, and 

b) it is nowhere near long enough for a reasonable description length  

For example, if I have say 60 or more invoices all going to the same client, but need to find the exact invoice that was for the work "power supply replacement" how to do I find it without trawling through all the invoices individually? (especially difficult if the date is vague)

An extra searchable field associated to invoices would be great and would allow me to input a brief description that would enable me to quickly search and find what I need.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys

Paul C

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PaulChamberlain

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

I've combined your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Damonnavtek
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I too would get great prodcutivity advantages from searching a key word in the whole invoice list to bring up invoices which include that keyword.

90% of my invoices generated are to one comapany for commissions. Each invoice is for a different company I have sold to. So being able to search for a specific company within the whole invoice range will quickly highlight whether an invoice has already been invoiced etc. 

As discribed in the above requests also PaulChamberlain explains it well.

Thank you for the consideration,

Regards

Damon

Kennytheplumber
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Most of our invoices are based on the customers purchase order number and they all have multiple invoices at any one time.

Is there a way to search customer purchase order numbers with out going into the invoice?

Can you add  a tab to the main invoices page to show the customer purchaase order infomation?

KF_Steve
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi All

I am a new user to MYOB essentials , our accountant needs this format 

We were only using MYOB for a "bank link" , and were using our old software for quoting & invoicing 

We decided to use MYOB for quoting & invoicing , but the fact that we cannot search all the text of a quote causes us a big problem

In the course of our business , we may quote the same job for several builders, when we do this , we may need access to the other quote for reference (it saves us taking off the quantities again )

I see there has been suggestions to solve this problem since 2014 , Is any resolution in sight ?

Thanks

Steve

Damonnavtek
2 Posts
Cover User

I invoice commisions for sales which relate to a multitude of different companies/customers. These invoices are made out to one company (the product in which I sell lets call it company A). I itemize the sales in which they relate to in order for company A to reference and pay. When reconciling what I have an haven't invoiced for I can only search the invoice names (i.e company A) of which 900 invoices come up for that company A. Through trial and error is the only way to find if an invoice has been raised or not for the sales I make. Can you please provide a keyword search for the content of invoices? Please.... Did I mention.. Please!!

Otherwise fantastic product. Thank you in Advance!