Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
TrevaTV
7 Posts
Cover User

Jobs entry similar to quotes entry with some additional addon fields would be a great addition.

also Label Printing e.g. Customer Shipping Labels, Item Labels etc. customizable would be a great addition.

DGA
1 Post
User

any ideas on to what degree MYOB can be adapated for more sophisticated shipping labels, esp to large retails. ie. item codes and even bar codes? i am assuming its fairly basic at this stage, but i am new to MYOB too

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @DGA 

MYOB Essentials can't print shipping labels as such, but our AccountRight Range do allow you to customise shipping labels and packing slips. You can find out more about AccountRight here:

MYOB Small Business Accounting Products

I would strongly recommend that you download a free test-drive and see if the shipping labels meet your needs.

Regards

Liam
MYOB Support

JulieBeans
6 Posts
User

Totally with you on this one also, an extra searchable field in the invoices  rather than just the invoice number is essential. In this field, I guess you can input address of propert or some other reference. I have same problem with many ships of one client.

royalhotels
3 Posts
Cover User

Just set up MYOB Essential to find out that it does not do the following;

Job Coding

Batch Payments

Exporting to Excel

Importing Timesheets

Matching bank DR to supplier invoices does not render the invoice paid in MYOB. This is an odd one!

the product is very clean to use and great for basic businesses but it would be amazing to see a cloud version of Enterprise.

If I am incorrect in any of my observatiosn above, feel free to let me know. I would love to keep using it!

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @royalhotels 

MYOB Essentials is a separate product to our AccountRight product range and doesn't have the features you've listed (with the exception that matching a bank feed to an expense will mark the expense as paid, and close it if paid in full).

We do have a cloud service for most of our AccountRight Products called AccountRight Live. It does have all the features you've mentioned. You can find out more about it here:

AccountRight Live

Regards

Liam
MYOB Support

arrowacc
3 Posts
User

It would be great if Essentials would cater for jobs or tracking per rental purposes to keep track of costs for each rental property.  Thanks 

arrowacc
3 Posts
User

It would be great if Essentials would cater for jobs or tracking per rental purposes to keep track of costs for each rental property or cost centre.  Thanks 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the post, comments and votes. The ability to track Jobs in Essentials appears to be a popular request. We request others to please continue voting and adding any relevant comments. 

Blakethespark
1 Post
User

is there a way to have job card like function. in essentials 

i.e

New jobs

Jobs in progress (Parts on order, waiting for other trades)

Jobs complete