Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
rhave
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

Would LOVE the option to add a column in quotes & invoices that shows job description. We do a lot of work for repeat clients but the job description is different & there seems to be no way of seeing this without opening each quote or invoice. 

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @rhave  I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking for a job tracking feature in the form of a job column on the data entry screen for invoices and quotes? Or are you asking to have the existing description column for invoices and quotes appear on the invoice and quote list screesn.

If you are asking for the existing description column to appear on the list screens, please be aware that an invoice can have any number of lines, and each line can have a description. A single invoice may have dozens of description lines. Each invoice appears on a single line on the list screens, so this would make it difficult or impossible to have the description appear on the lists screen. Each invoice only has one notes field (as opposed to potentially dozens of descriptions). Would the notes field appearing on the invoice list be what you are after?

rhave
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

I am asking for a job tracking feature in the form of a column where all the invoices & quotes appear. Eg have 3 quotes all for Mr Jones, Quotes all appear as Mr Jones but the job is more specifically for Mrs Brown, Bob,  Wendy. A column that differentiates between these would be helpful for both quotes & invoices.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for that clarification  @rhave  Where do you want this information to come from. From an existing field in the invoice, or a new field on the data entry screen for the invoice?

rhave
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

I think it would be great to have a new field for this on both the quote & invoice screens. Thanks

BLConstruct
2 Posts
Cover User

Being a builder i think it would be really usefull to be able to alocate invoices to specific jobs as i usually have 2 or 3 jobs going at same time and  keeping track of costing of each job  is essential.

I was very surprised when i converted over to essentials that it didnt have this feature .

Hope it comes soon !!!

Thanks  

DanielandAshley
3 Posts
User

Hi There, 

It would be really helpful to have a Job Description Field on the Invoice and Quote's. There is the notes part but this does not show at the top of the invoice / quote and there should be something specific that people can use (or not use) to describe the job - this is essential when quoting for jobs that are very specific. 

Cheers

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DanielandAshley

Thank you for your idea in regards to Essentials and description fields on sales invoices.

Would the ability to move the notes field on the invoice be what you are after or would you perfer another box, separate to the Notes field, that the user can enter data into on the invoice that can be printed above the invoice table data?

DanielandAshley
3 Posts
User

Personally I would prefer another whole box, as a job description box is specific to that job / quote. But you may still need to use the notes box for more generic or general notes relating to your business ie/ we are moving address changing our phone number etc etc. My husband is a builder so currently we have nowhere (other than the notes box) to actually cover ourselves by specifically saying what the job is. 

Thanks

Ash

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DanielandAshley

Thank you for clarifying that information.

I would encourage other users that would like to see a separate field, unrelated to the Notes field, to be added to vote and comment if required for this idea.