Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
PamRic
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

We run a number of different events and the jobs reporting would be beneficial when accessing the profitability

cjjenkins
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

how about updateing your website and stop misleading customers your website says

Your FAY says the following

Can I track projects and bill my customers by time?

Job tracking is available on all our Essentials software plans

Yes no one seams to be able to do this

Rodney22
1 Post
Cover User
  • Track jobs: link income and expenses to a job or location

The above is taken from the MYOB Essentials Accounting advertisment. Turns out this is not correct.

As a contractor it is a must to assign purchases to a particular job.

I changed from accountright to essentials for the payrole functionality. Knowing this now I may have to change again.

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree with you

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Tracking job expenses is a powerful feature and is missing in Essentials.  However, with all the MYOB Add-on apps, it is hardly likely that you will expand Essentials to cater for job management.  I should also mention that it is critical to point out to all future clients, that simPro add on software does NOT integrate with MYOB Essentials and people should be alerted to this before purchasing an add-on application.  It is just not right. 

Susie60
4 Posts
Cover User

We run MYOB Essentials Payroll and on the old MYOB payroll we had the ability to categorise our staff into Department Types when paying them.  We could then run a report for a Department and see how much had been paid in wages for that Department for whatever period range we needed.

Could this function be added into the Essentials Payroll software.  At the moment there is nothing.  And the only way we can split anything is by running separate payruns for each group of staff but this still does not give us a report that breaks down into Departments.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.