Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Additional tax codes

Contributing Cover User

12Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to be able to add more tax codes to the basic ones available in MYOB Essentials.

Dulcie Bridges

Bridges' Bookkeeping

Bunbury, WA

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to create their own tax codes through Accounting >> Tax codes OR GST codes.

Check out  Tax codes (Australia) | GST codes (New Zealand) for more information on this change.

32 Comments
Kazmars
1 Post
Cover User

I have caravan park / permanent accommodation, the tax on income for the permanent residents is 5% or 50% of the income is taxed at 10% which means you have to do a double entry to get the tax correct. MYOB Essentials doesn't have this tax code, it would be good to have an option to create a new tax code or have this code recognized in the tax code list.   

MDSAgency
4 Posts
Cover User

Tax Codes should have a option for "No Tax".

Which tax type shall I classify my Owner Drawings Account Legder? 

The Tax Codes options are limited to

S15

Z

E

I

S

MDSAgency
4 Posts
Cover User

We need a Tax Code for Non-Tax transactions 

To classify Leadger Accounts as Owner Drawings and GST Payable

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for additional comments on this particular idea. We have moved this idea from an old status Clarification Needed to our new status of Open. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

AlanSh
2 Posts
Cover User

This is open now for nearly 3 years.  Any advancement on it.  

MDSAgency
4 Posts
Cover User

MYOB could you please do this improvement for us users of MYOB essentials? 

Wagner
1 Post
User

Please add the function to add Tax Codes in MYOB Essentials.

Harvey_Lynn
8 Posts
Cover User

I would like to see a new tax code - CAPF - Capital purchases Free of GST, so that the figures are correctly allocated under G10

VWORKER
6 Posts
Cover User

Its Essential that there be the capability to enter new tax(GST) codes for long term accomodation providers etc. The only way around it at presnt is to recalculate & adjust in box 13 which is really messy & timeconsuming. 

TM
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

It would be helpful to be able to add more tax codes to the basic ones available in MYOB Essentials.