Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Exporting data

2Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

There is no option to export data which is a disaster for my business as I need users details etc for other purposes. When will the simple ability to export and control MY data be avbailable?

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2014

Thank you for your suggestion. Export to Excel options are available on many of the Reports in Live Accounts, adding this option to more of them is certainly something that we would be happy to consider. Please remember to vote for this idea if you would also like to see this added in.

39 Comments
Melita
Experienced Partner
16 Posts
Experienced Partner

Is there anyway the programers could facilitate the exporting of Purchases by PO to Excel, or purchases by Item to Excel?

Either one of these reports would provide Job Costing within Myob Essentials. At the moment they can only be exported to PDF and there is no way of sorting and totalling.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion. Export to Excel options are available on many of the Reports in Live Accounts, adding this option to more of them is certainly something that we would be happy to consider. Please remember to vote for this idea if you would also like to see this added in.
Melita
Experienced Partner
16 Posts
Experienced Partner

As a short term fix I have found that if you export the document as a pdf and then convert from PDF to Excel using a free download program does allow you to export reports and convert them to excel.

ALS2010
6 Posts
Cover User

I cannot believe it would take more then 2 years to consider a valuable introduction seeing this export functionality is already in standalone MYOB software. It just does not make sense to upload information in this manner but you cannot extract it?

Luke303
5 Posts
Cover User

MYOB must be trying to make it hard for people to export their data to a competitors accounting software solution by not having this option.  That's why I wanted to use this and well, I'm so frustrated with this software that this is not going to stop me.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your feedback @ALS2010 and @Luke303

MYOB Essentials Accounting started as a very simple accounting product aiming for users who don't have an accounting background, it has come a long way to have all the additional features added, and still have a long way to go in the future to become even better. 

It is definitely on our developers' mind to give MYOB Essentials Accounting the import/export ability, however at this stage we do not have a time frame available. I would encourage any interested user to show your support by casting your vote here and leave comments if required, it would definitely help our developers to priorities their work. 

CurtisMiller
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I agree with the sentiments of those who have already commented.

Not only is MYOB holding these contacts to ransom you can't even migrate the details over to other MYOB accounts should you want to. 

A complete Dead End in terms of getting info out and keeping it consistent across applications.

If I was able to migrate the contacts and even the same account setup into a new business I would definitely be using MYOB in my new business.  As I have to set it all up from scratch anyway I am now looking at Xero (who do allow you to export contacts) 

This is a really simple product enhancement and if you're interested in working with your customers rather than trapping them then I would strongly recommend this feature be made.

actsmart
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is it possible to export your contact list in a format where it also provides their address (i.e. not just name, number and email)?

AdrianFIX
2 Posts
User

This needs to happen.

I have just started a new job management software and now I need to manually enter all of my contacts into it???????? While I'm at it I may aswell import it into a new accounting software like most of the people above.

Please MYOB change this 17 votes already, thats over $500 a month in users that need this option and have voted for it.

Not having this feature is costing me time and money, which cloud based accounting is meant to save.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your feedback @AdrianFIX and @CurtisMiller

Exporting information from MYOB Essentials Accounting is definitely something on our developers' mind. Just last week we have released a free migration service for people moving from AccountRight to Essentials, we would also like to offer an easy option for people to migrate from Essentials, or simply extract information from it. However I'm afraid we do not have a time frame available at this stage, we will post updates on the forum when we have more details.

The votes would help our developers greatly to track the demand and impact of clients, and priorities their work. @CurtisMiller I've noticed you haven't voted for this idea, I would recommend clicking on '+Vote' above to cast your vote.