Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Paypal Feeds

Contributing User

7Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Contributing User

Hi..

Any chance of having Paypal feeds as well as the bank feeds 

MArk

"Paypal Feeds"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: June 2016

Hi everyone,

For some time now we have worked with the team at PayPal to provide a transaction feed. Whilst both parties still hope to do so in the future, at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement.

We will provide an update on this forum, when the status changes.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

67 Comments
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Agree with all the comments above PayPal bank feeds is a must.   Except for the comments that desktop is better, clients don't want desktop they want cloud and the flexibility the products bring..if you are not selling cloud solutions you will be left behind.    

For those that have actually tried to reconcile PayPal manually will know it is a time consuming disaster.    I have clients that want to change to the competitor and I keep telling them pay pal will come soon to stop them from moving.. however they no longer believe me  Smiley Sad 

Maybe.... just maybe.... MYOB should send a survey out to MYOB CC's and ask this question "If a new client comes to you wanting a software solution for their accounting requirements and they have PayPal what software provider would you recommend".     This will give you the answer and hopefully you will make the change desperately required.    Paypal might not be a high percentage requirement for the current customers however more and more businesses are moving to PayPal... MYOB don't be the one left behind. 

swecs
Contributing Cover User
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User

As an online business, at least 50% of our sales are via PayPal. So yes the work involved in manually reconciling PayPal transactions is a HUGE headache.

Come on MYOB, any official response/update?

Graeme Olsen

www.hurtlegear.com.au

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks for voting and the comments swecs the more customers who vote and comment the faster this will be put further up the list for development.    

AleksT
1 Post
Cover User

Please add paypal feeds Smiley Happy Currently using Saasu for main business until MYOB catches up.

planetplus
1 Post
Cover User

Please get PayPal synchronised with MYOB.

After reading all the posts on this thread, I still do not understand why it is taking so many years to implement this strategic and much-needed facility. It appears that MYOB is waiting to get sufficient votes from this feed to raise the priority. I cannot believe that.

Surely the widespread use of PayPal is enough in itself to get this done quickly and efficiently. Come on MYOB, we have invested in your product, some of us for years. We appreciate your product but we need you to be on this.

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

<sigh>

They aren't listening ... and we've had enough of their BS product development advice (or non-advice):  we are now preparing to convert to XERO as of 01/07/16.

From where they were, I think MYOB had the potential to be the best of the 'new generation' accounting packages and companies ... but I do not believe they have planned or executed development anywhere near well-enough, missing vital steps and capability, such as 3rd-party integrations, multi-currency and proper PayPal support, that leaves them with client's changing to faster-moving, better-implemented competitors.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,

For some time now we have worked with the team at PayPal to provide a transaction feed. Whilst both parties still hope to do so in the future, at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement.

We will provide an update on this forum, when the status changes.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

swecs
Contributing Cover User
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User

"we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement"

But Xero obviously can? 

MYOB must be slowly bleeding customers because of this. We're going to have to consider moving there too now. The admin cost of manually entering PayPal is too significant.

DerekM
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your honesty.  At least we now know what one of our options are.

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

G'day

So ... finally some honesty:

"we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement"

Yes ... XERO did.  And I know SAASU did over 4 years ago, and that their feed worked really well.

And ... how many other accounting suppliers have settled that agreement?

Well, I wish I could say 'MYOB'. 

Or that their agreement for a Bank Feed from our Credit Union  was 'satisfactory' TO **US** (only once a month!!)

But ... like I said ... the decision has been made:  no more buggarising around with a platform that doesn't provide the services that are required:  we are moving to XERO as of 01/07/16.

(And ... Mr MYOB:  bleeding 'how many?' client's is failing to reach a "satisfactory commercial arrangement" worth?