Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Prepare Bank deposit feature

16Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

16 Posts
User
Australia

For more than seven years I used I used the desktop version of MYOB. It has the VERY USEFUL "Prepare Bank Deposit". I was convinced to use MYOB Essentials as it would allow me to get invoicing done quicker but with the current TAKE PAYMENTS issue and the lack of the Prepare Bank Deposit, I'm considering going BACK to the OLD FASHIONED way. PLEASE FIX THIS or else I'm going to have to pay my bookkeeper again to do the Historical Balancing when converting FROM the cloud based system BACK to the Old Fashioned way. If you ask me, you shouldn't have ever taken out the most useful function in transfering money from one account to another.

I know I can do it using Journal Entries but really.... every time I do it, I have to refer to previous entries so I know what column to put each enty in (CR/DR)

"prepare bank deposit"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @qwerty. It would be efficient for Essentials to have a Prepare Bank Deposit feature like AccountRight. Other users who are interested in this being implemented into the product, please cast your vote here.

22 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @qwerty 

The split function would be used for simpler situations where you don't have any negative lines (like the payments you've made in your example) on the split you intend to record. If you do have negatives, you would need to manually record a transaction.

For instance you could record a receive money transaction transaction for with the following lines.

Sales income $200

Sales income $500

Cheque income $100

Expense Fuel -$100

Drawings -$200

You would replace the accounts above with the income or expense accounts that are appropriate in your file. The total of this receive money transaction would be $500 and it could be matched to the bankfeed.

Megz
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

oh dear. that is just way too confusing for my clients to do. 'prepare bank deposit' does that without leaving them open for so many mistakes! think i will wait putting them onto essentials until this issue is fixed

qwerty
16 Posts
User

Well, I've decided that all the money I've spent (pronounced "wasted") on MYOB this year I could have spent towards a notebook/tablet hybrid that I can put my old version of MYOB17 on and use exclusively for accounting.

So i'm giving until the end of this financial year to sort or i'm jumping.

BTW, 3 weeks for a response is poor.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @qwerty 

I am sorry you feel that way. If you do require further assistance don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Megz 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared it with the team.

KMA
3 Posts
User

Essentials has been operating for so long now, I 'assumed' that these very basic functions were standard.    PLEASE add prepare bank deposits - it certainly saves a whole lot of time writing up bank deposit slips - unless there is another way of doing this in essentials that I haven't found yet.

Thank you.

WharfSt
7 Posts
User

I am using Essentials for the first time today, and am shocked that there is no prepare electronic payment function. (Is this really the case??? WHY?) I will revert to accountright until this is fixed.

Greg-B
4 Posts
Cover User

Bring back prepare bank deposit. I have been using Accountright for about 9 years but have moved to Essentials today as I didn't need all the bells and whistles. I am now wanting to prepare a bank deposit and at this stage can't. What a nightmare. You need to have that functionality. Does Zero have it? I'm not happy. I am a small business owner, not an accountant and need things to be straight forward.

Greg-B
4 Posts
Cover User

How do you prepare a deposit slip to bank from the cash drawer account?

CynthiaS
3 Posts
Cover User

I can't find how to enter bank deposits as i use to do it in AccountRight.  Please bring back the prepare bank deposit as it used to appear in the old software.  i find it really time consuming to enter bank deposits and then to reconcile them is more diffuculkt as well