Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
Bek27
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

We should be able to set up an invoice that is automatically recurring on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly/yearly basis. MYOB Essentials lacks this features and this makes it significantly less useful than all of its competitors. As a MYOB Partner I've stopped recommending MYOB to many clients because of this missing feature, as it's such an integral and core need for many service businesses. Duplicating invoices has been offered as a stop gap solution but this was decades ago and there is still zero progress in seeing this essential core feature of a decent invoicing system brought in. MYOB has indicated many times over the years that this feature is a "top priority" yet it remains noticeably absent.... 

thomasawe
1 Post
User

Any progress on this?

Petervan
2 Posts
User

Come on myob - surely it's time!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

RickTCP
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Wow, at last.

Having mentioned this in March 2018, you have now managed to decide it would be useful, and actually say you have got it working.

I have been gone for two years, using Xero that had support for this and stock control back then at very compedative pricing.

I have found Xero to be more functional and more intuitive in many ways. No way I would switch back now.

Omnichannel
2 Posts
User

Current Status: Done

This is NOT "Done".  The feature request was to add the Reccuring invoices funtionality to the existing MYOB Essentials platform - not a new one. The new one doesn't have a Payroll function by default and at very different price points.