Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Ahna we gave up on waiting ....have a look at QBO instead of Xero  for $10 a month you get 10 employees using the sophistcated Keypay system.  An  app to take pics of receipts that will match up on a cash basis on your bank feed.  We haven't pushed any new clients onto MYOB in almost 12 months and we ar a MYOB practice using MYOB practice software.  We are moving clients across to QBO and Xero as they come up against the shortcomings of MYOB.  Yes receipt bank now works with MYOB but with the additonal cost of Receipt Bank the costs would be about 5 times that of QBO.

If anyone from MYOB actually reviews these posts you are not obviously pushing them up to the development team....but I might suggest because you are not I would be looking for new jobs.   We are the last MYOB practice in our area and we are soon to leave.  Imagine saying you are no longer going to support our current Windows Server software without offering an online practice non server based solution.....ohhh yes you can get such an online platform from a 3rd party at a considerable cost.  Goodbye MYOB.

AllThingsEqual
5 Posts
Cover User

It would be very handy to attach copies of receipts to spend money transactions.

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

AllThingsEqual  dont hold your breath waiting....although this must be one of the most wanted features....MYOB are obviously spending their R & D dollars elsewhere

Cathybfcb
2 Posts
Cover User

HAVING MOVED FROM A FULL VERSION OF RECKON TO THIS ESSENTIALS ONLINE, THERE ARE QUITE A FEW ISSUED WITH EASE OF USE AND TIME SAVING THAT WAS SPRUIKED AS AWESOME.

BEING ABLE TO LINK DOCUMENTS IS AWESOME BUT WHY ONLY INVOICES?

HOW ABOUT

SUPPLIER CREDIT NOTES AND DELIVERY DOCKETS (MEANING TO LINK MORE THAN 1 DOCUMENT TO EACH INVOICE)

CUSTOMER DELIVERY DOCKETS AND VARIOUS OTHER DOCUMENTS RELATING TO A CUSTOMER INVOICE.

SUPPLIER INVOICES LINKED TO A SPEND MONEY ENTRY 

AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

JasonA
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Especially important for spend & receive money transactions but yes why not all.  I could put contracts etc against invoices or card files/contacts.

VoiceX
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would also be advantageous to attach client purchase orders or other order documentation to their invoices for future reference.

CatherineBryant
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

Would be great to attach documents to receive money, spend money and general journals, eg, rental statements to receive money, dividend statement to receive money, distribution minute to a general journal, fuel receipt to spend money, etc.

Would also be great to be able to print off attached documents instead of having to save them first and then printing them.

DMCGroup
1 Post
Cover User

We have a commercial building company and I personally would love to see this function added to other areas. 

Having this added would be benefical to be able to attach the job acceptance letter to a sales invoice as the job may require us to issue a sales invoice each month and at times we also receive a variation to the job and it would also be helpful to attached this documentation.

I hope this can be added sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance MYOB!!!!

JillH
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I'd like to be able to attach receipts to reimbursements paid by direct deposit to people's bank accounts

bizzi
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I will add my agreement here - being able to link a document  such as a receipt or other currency invoice to a transaction would be very helpful.