Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
EasyMU
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Would be great to have the InTray for all documents, so they can be linked to bank transactions. Useful for things such as expense receipts (ie- petrol, tolls, parking), plus any other receipts that I get, so I don't have to create a 'vendor/supplier' bill everytime I want to upload a document. I'd take a photo or scan the receipt, upload to InTray, then link to relevant transaction. It would be handy to have ALL receipts uploaded, so I don't have any paper receipts when I go to the accountant.

Cheers,

Michael

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi all,

We're currently working on allowing you to attached receipts to spend and recieve money transactions in MYOB Essentials.

If you'd like to help with the developement, please feel free to contact us.

s_short01
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

Excited to see this has some momentum. 

I hope that there will be the option to add a document to every transaction in the bank feed - this will definitely keep me using MYOB as it is a system I know. 
I recently joined a trades group and they are all using or converting to xero for this very reason. Feeling hopeful this upgrade will benefit our business. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

mwd1
3 Posts
User

I see that this was asked for more than 4 years ago and still hasn't been implemented.

Please MYOB, add the ability to attach documents to invoices as well as bills.

EasyMU
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I would love to see the ability to attach documents to transactions other than bills.. ( supplier credit notes, for example).

Please MYOB : Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types.

EvolutionClouds
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

You can attach receipts to bank feed transactions (which are basically spend mobey)

Also MYOB is about to release “capture” a phone app that will allow you to take pictures of receipts which will upload directly to the Intray to attach to transactions 

Inacia
1 Post
User

Hi

The Capture app is a great idea but it should also be allowed to be used on Journal transactions.

Regards

Inacia

aceban001
1 Post
User

Hi, there is no functionality to attach a document to a mannual journal entry. Lets say you want to register a sale of a property and attach the confirming document, whereas all transactions were performed by another entity. When you do Debit Credit, you have no button to insert justifying document, being it a contract, reconciliation, or approval of an entry by directors. kindly advisejournal entry 1.jpgjournal entry 2.jpg

Comp-Eng
7 Posts
Cover User

Expand intray to customer purchase orders to be linked to our invoices