Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @linni

Thank you for your feedback on the in-tray feature, I have shared your comments with the team. 

KimG
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi MYOB,

It beggars belief that this functionality does not exist currently (the ability to attach documents to all transaction types and be able to access them from one Tray/Folder in the software i.e. Attachments).

You will find that every major competetor of MYOB has this functionality and most charge a cheaper monthly fee.  We have been loyal customers of MYOB for almost 20yrs, I think you owe it to your paying customers to have this functionality implemented ASAP.  

I really can't understand why you need more feedback and votes, when what you need to do is look at what your competetors are doing and match + exceed them if you want to stay relevant in the market place.  

The only reason we are still with you is because of the challenges involved in making the change, I hope you will come through with the goods!

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your comments @KimG

The development team are still looking at how they can make this feature go over all transaction types. We currently do not have a time frame on this idea being in development but do encourage users to keep voting on this idea in the meantime.

I have shared your valuable feedback with the team.

DustyRd
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB, too many comments on this issue now to ignore, you're neglecting your user base, ultimately at your own cost. Xero is calling me and my accountant wants me to change too.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DustyRd, Thank you for your feedback. Being able to use the In Tray function in other areas such as Receipts and Spend Money is definitely something that our team is looking into. We'll provide an update on this as soon as we have more information on when we are able to do this. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. I do encourage you to take a moment to use the + Vote button at the top left hand side of this post to add your vote to the Idea.

TransferFreight
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi all,

I am in the transport industry & of course as such can have multiple page documents as PODs (Proof of Deliveries), the ability to link these to an invoice & then have them emailed with the invioce would save substantial amounts of time. The one thing I would like to mention however is the need for the ability to choose file size (i.e. image quality) as I currently use Adobe XI for this & regularly find the need to go back & resave PODs as "reduce sized files" in order to negate mailbox size limit issues.

Also the inability to store supplier credits leave users in the rather odd situation of having soft storage for all supplier invoices except credits...this seemed to be a very odd coding decision, in my opinion at least. Hence the ability to store supplier credits the same as supplier invoices would also be a welcome addition.

DulcieBridges
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I find with many of my clients, being able to scan & immediately email or upload receipts would be a great advantage - please add receipts to this function.

Fayeb
1 Post
User

I agree. I wish to have in tray for all types of documents, specially for the credit notes from suppliers. if we can have this function, the MYOB essential will be reall handy and create a paperless filing.

Jacobidy
1 Post
Cover User

Yes, please develop this feature to be used with all transactions, but especially Spend Money.  I would love to go paperless!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Fayeb & @Jacobidy

Thank you for both for your feedback in regards to this idea

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button of the left of the idea's name.