Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Upload receipts

1Posts

140Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User

SImilar to the in tray idea, can we get the ability to link scanned receipts as PDFs to spend money so we have reliable records in one place at tax time.

"Upload Receipts for Spend Money"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

28 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your great suggestion @datasphere  Anyone who would like to see the scanned receipts linked to spend money transactions, please cast your vote here.

There is another idea exchange post where other users have also requested that the in tray feature be expanded to all transaction types. I strongly recommend that you also vote for and comment on this suggestion here:

Expand In Tray Feature to all Transaction Types

arbange1
6 Posts
Cover User

for risk management issues with having ones accounting on line & only being able to access if one has an internet connection, we also need to be able to backup the scanned documents to office computers.

TMac77
3 Posts
Cover User

I'm thinking this one never got off the ground. As I've just got MYOB Eseentials and you cant upload receipts to spend money yet. I would love to see this happen.

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

A little pointless having only some documents scanned.  It should definately be all bills whether input through Purchases or Spend Money.  It should also be for money received in the same way i.e. ability to scan Recipient Created Tax Invoices or Receive Money transactions.  That way there is no need to keep hard copies other than a working file for the current year or maybe two and the rest can be shredded.

LMathias_2000
2 Posts
Cover User

December 2014 was last notification that this was under consideration? any update on being able to attach documents to spend money facility?

LMJNash
2 Posts
User

Excellent idea - saves keying in the bill for smaill purchases.

WOMP
2 Posts
Cover User

Would be great to upload receipts and match in the banking transactions page.  Most of my 'purchases' are small fuel and parking receipts which I can code directly in bank transactions.  Allowing the linking of the receipts in here would help at tax time to keep all recepits and purchases together.

pamacka
1 Post
Cover User

I would love that to happen!

peterx
4 Posts
Cover User

I note this suggestion was first made years ago, and I'm wondering why it can't be done.  It seems like such a good idea when you are paying a bill to be able to link an image of the bill to the transaction.  MYOB says "why not go paperless?"  My question is how do I do that if you don't improve your system?

entire
5 Posts
Cover User

Can we please get this happening as its a zero function and would save sooo much time as so many receipts are emailed now in addition to supplier invoices