Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Templates: Multiple templates

AJ1
User

2Posts

83Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

At the moment we have to raise 2 lots of invoices in MYOB. For one part of the busness that uses another logo and template we raise it in MYOB for our records, but then need to duplicate it in another program and then send it. It would be good if MYOB allowed you to set up 2 templates (one for each type of business/logo) and then when raising and sending the invoice allow you to choose the template you wish to send it with. While we like MYOB we are at the point where we think it will be easy to go back to our previous system as this doubles the amount of time we spend on one side of the business adminisration of invoicing.

Would save a lot of work.

"1 business name, 2 different logos - 2 invoice templates"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hello @AJ1 

Thank you for your suggestion, we're always looking to improve workflow in Essentials and would be happy to consider the option to change between the customised invoices.

We encourage any other users that require this feature to comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

61 Comments
MellMatchett
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to see the ability to have two templates as well.  We have a client that has just transferred to Essentials and he has two different trading names under the one company and needs to invoice for both.  Unfortunately, with only one template & no way to alternate between trading names, this is difficult.

Are you any closer to this being an option?

BalanceUp
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hello

Is it possible to have two different invoice templates loaded (ie. same company but two different trading names). It would be great to have this option so they can send out the correct trading logo.

Thanks

Steve_Waters
7 Posts
Cover User

This would be something I can get behind along with increased customisability of hte invoice template such as text feilds to place information in not just use "Remeber this?" as that is too easy to remove.

Or paerhpas a freee text are on the temaplte that you can add notes that need to go out on every invoice/quote.

The world is SAAS computing and a true feature ruch product will thrive.

Cheers,

Steve

misskp
3 Posts
User

This is exactly what I need right now with MYOB Essentials. How do we get this to happen? 

Kate 

misskp
3 Posts
User

I am in the same situation, very frustrating!! I am currently having to change my invoice settings every time I want to send an invoice. 

Thinking about looking for a more up to date accounting software as this is just making my life SO difficult! 

Is there any action happening here??

Kellee
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

This is definitely something that my clients could use as well.  One client would like 4 templates.  Currently I have the templates in Excel and then enter the invoices into Essentials, doubling up on the work.

How do we get this happening MYOB?

Kell

Blayze
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

This would be excellent, as it looks like I will need to use another app to create invoices, as I trade under 3 trading names for the one business (single ABN and bank account).

This would save a lot of double entry and time. Having just upgraded froim V19, I miss having fully customisable invoice with multiple layouts.

paulhowlett27
9 Posts
User

A client has come to me asking if there was the ability to have multiple invoice templates, as they had started a small side business in the same entity.

I told them I'd look into it, but was then surprised to find out the this feature was missing!

Consider this another request for the feature.

JaninaK
1 Post
Cover User

First suggested in March 2015 and still not resolved?  I am a book keeper and a large percentage of my clients use multiple invoice templates which is an option in MYOB Account Right and works really well.  It would be a great function to add to Essentials.  I was going to teach the client how to do invoicing but this will be impossible if he has to manually update logos on the template each time.  The work around is that I do it for him which will cost him more and there will be a delay in getting the invoices out.  I vote yes please!

grandprint
4 Posts
Cover User

it would be good if we can utilise more of the empty space between the logo and the text on an invoice/quote

currently my trading name is all on 1 line besides the 'Ltd' and it looks silly

there is plenty of spare room to make the field wider but no option to do it