Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Templates: Multiple templates

AJ1
User

2Posts

83Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

At the moment we have to raise 2 lots of invoices in MYOB. For one part of the busness that uses another logo and template we raise it in MYOB for our records, but then need to duplicate it in another program and then send it. It would be good if MYOB allowed you to set up 2 templates (one for each type of business/logo) and then when raising and sending the invoice allow you to choose the template you wish to send it with. While we like MYOB we are at the point where we think it will be easy to go back to our previous system as this doubles the amount of time we spend on one side of the business adminisration of invoicing.

Would save a lot of work.

"1 business name, 2 different logos - 2 invoice templates"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hello @AJ1 

Thank you for your suggestion, we're always looking to improve workflow in Essentials and would be happy to consider the option to change between the customised invoices.

We encourage any other users that require this feature to comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

61 Comments
PearC
1 Post
Cover User

Give the how tough it is out there as a small business to survive - diversity is our best friend and I am very disappointed that due to this not being available I will not be able to use MYOB online and miss out on all the other wonderful features, cost savings and ease of use  of MYOB's Online software! Please fix this asap so those of us who wear more than one hat in our business can also reap the benefits.

Sheryl
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This would be great - need to be able to have two different templates for different divisions

LyndaHolley
2 Posts
Cover User

I have this problem too and will consider another accounting program if it cannot be done :-(

Dbbuild82
1 Post
Cover User

Wow I'm glad to read so many people have same problem with invoicing as me. Concerned MYOB that this conversation dates back to March 2015 and we've not got anywhere. I am starting a new division of the company I require a second template with different layout, logo that will be for specific customers. MYOB please get onto this. Quickbooks are doing it, its not hard! Much like you can create different "items' to select for your invoicing, just have template A,B,C selection when creating an invoice. Its an easy fix to a fundamental problem with many users on here. 

If anyone has any solutions they are currently using to get by, I'm all ears.. I'm worried that if I manually modify templates each time I could send the incorrect template to a customer, it would cause all sorts of problems for my business. MYOB PLEASE GET ONTO THIS ASAP 

Blayze
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

I currently use another software application to invoice my second business, and then manually enter invoices.

I am currently considering moving from MYOB to something else that is more suitable.

chila
1 Post
Cover User

Hi. I have 1 ABN, but i have 2 different contract businesses/business names i run from this ABN. In account right plus i had the ability to use numerous invoice templates. I would love this feature in Essentials please Smiley Happy

EdgePD
3 Posts
Cover User

I also need two separate invoice templates for the one business.  I see from previous comments that this request has been in the forum since 2015 and is still being discussed.  Is MYOB listening?

LyndaHolley
2 Posts
Cover User

I have the same problem and I see this was bought up to myob in 2015 and still no change 3 years later. Surely it’s not that hard to update? Does anyone know of other accounting software that allows for this?

Himan
4 Posts
Cover User

This is a must have and its absence is causing a lot of pain. My vote goes for it to be included in MYOB Essentials.

Blayze
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

Hi,

Due to the lack of this feature, I have now changed over to Xero, and loving it. With the recent price increase by MYOB, I am now ahead financially as well.