Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Templates: Multiple templates

AJ1
User

2Posts

83Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

At the moment we have to raise 2 lots of invoices in MYOB. For one part of the busness that uses another logo and template we raise it in MYOB for our records, but then need to duplicate it in another program and then send it. It would be good if MYOB allowed you to set up 2 templates (one for each type of business/logo) and then when raising and sending the invoice allow you to choose the template you wish to send it with. While we like MYOB we are at the point where we think it will be easy to go back to our previous system as this doubles the amount of time we spend on one side of the business adminisration of invoicing.

Would save a lot of work.

"1 business name, 2 different logos - 2 invoice templates"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hello @AJ1 

Thank you for your suggestion, we're always looking to improve workflow in Essentials and would be happy to consider the option to change between the customised invoices.

We encourage any other users that require this feature to comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

61 Comments
Perfectus
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Is it possible to choose an alternate logo on some customers' invoices? I have a client who is a plumber and would like to invoice hot water systems under a different business name. 

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the suggestion @Perfectus. Being able to save two logos would certainly be useful for certain businesses (particularly those with trading names). Anyone who would like to be able to have multiple templates with different logos, please add your vote to this idea.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @AJ1 

Thank you for your suggestion, we're always looking to improve workflow in Essentials and would be happy to consider the option to change between the customised invoices.

We encourage any other users that require this feature to comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

iBuild
1 Post
User

Hi

It would be great to be able to select a different invoice layout template before sending an out an invoice to a customer. Some invoices we send have different layouts which are specific to the customer. i.e. We operate 2 seperate divisions under the 1 ABN and the branding is different for each. 

This feature is available in Quickbooks, but i prefer MYOB.

Currently I am manually changing the invoice layout in the business details section before sending the invoice (before and after).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS FUNCTIONALITY!

AJ1
2 Posts
User

This is becoming increasingly frustrating. It is such a manual process that we should not have gone to MYOB in the first place. We are just retuning to a manual invoice mode.

Why can't we just set up 2 different invoice templates and then select the appropriate one when invoicing. 

Can you please advise a workaround?

Thanks,

aJ

TDG
1 Post
User

I need this too. We have one parent business for accounting but two different workstreams with different clients. Very important!!

Coops_LB
1 Post
User

This would be a very handy feature. I run 2 trading names under a single ABN. It's very hard to achieve this in the current version of MYOB Essentials. 

tobaji
4 Posts
User

This is one of the funtions that essentials is missing, i am currently on a trial with essentials. I need to have this feature in order to run my business successfully through essentials. 

tobaji
4 Posts
User

This is one of the funtions that essentials is missing, i am currently on a trial with essentials. I need to have this feature in order to run my business successfully through essentials. 

sutha
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I too would like this feature.  We run two businesses under the same ABN and being able to have two invoice templates (one for each business with corresponding letterhead) would really assist us.  We are currently unable to invoice from MYOB directly as the invoice templates are too rigid for our businesses so we are only utilising the accounting part which seems a waste.