Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User access: Assign by roles

Cover User

1Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
New Zealand

The ability to load a new user in MYOB Essentials but only give them access to a particular area ,

eg Purchases or sales 

"MYOB Essentials - assign a role to a user"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: April 2021

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials has the ability to assign a role to a user that will grant them access to specific functions and features of the platform. For more information see Help Article: Users.

Note: This function is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

4 Comments
Toby01
1 Post
User

Yes, we want to be able to give our admin support person access to create and send quotes and invoices, without them having access to all of our other records. 

Sanreggie
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I totally agree with this concept, I have an accounting firm with many clients using MYOB essentials, my staff have access to these as their bookkeeping or accountant, however my own MYOB file is available for anyone to look in as well and I would like to keep this private. I do not want my staff looking in my profit and loss or balance sheet. This is my private company information. I am hoping I can seperate this somehow.

MissyMac
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Critical.  I can't have a holiday ever again, until another employee can raise daily invoices, without seeing company payroll and profits.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials has the ability to assign a role to a user that will grant them access to specific functions and features of the platform. For more information see Help Article: Users.

Note: This function is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.