ATO reporting category is required for all wage categories

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sammy8
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ATO reporting category is required for all wage categories

Trying to reverse a payslip but keep receiving error message "ATO reporting category is required for all wage categories" upon recording reversal. I've check all wage categories which have been allocated. I have noticed going into that employee's 'Payroll details' ; 'Salary and wages' that the 'Base Salary' item has a 'i' next to it, does this mean anything? Hovering over this, it says "All salaried employees must be link to the Base Salary wage pay item" I"ve also gone through the STP Phase 2 and completed this as well.  So I can't quite work out why I can process this reversal.  Help!  I need to reverse a few payroll items first before I can continue with normal payroll.  Thanks...

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 10.33.32 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 10.45.50 pm.png

2 REPLIES 2
Sammy8
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

Created a new pay run for just one employee that has 4 days of Long Service Leave and 1 normal pay day for the week.  But then a message appears with an error.  I've checked all pay item categories and can't quite figure out why this error is appearing?  Thanks...

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 11.17.39 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-29 at 11.16.55 pm.png

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

Hi @Sammy8 

Thank you for your post. The first message you mentioned; "All salaried employees must be linked to the Base Salary wage pay item", is informing you that you can't remove the category "Base Salary" from your employee's pay items as all that is required for employees who have a Salary basis.

The error message; An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing is informing you that there is no wage category linked to one or both of the Entitlement categories.

To fix this: 

1. Go to Payroll > Pay Items > Leave

2. Open the Annual Leave entitlement and ensure that under the linked wage pay item there is a wage item linked to the leave accrual.

3. Do the same for the Personal Leave category. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post