Sham
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Creating Pay run for casual employees

The Myob Essenatial's new upgrade is so terrible and unfriendly in many ways. I have 25 casual employees who work different hours, different days, sometimes weekend and a public holidyay  sometimes. I have to a third party software for roster and timesheets as a requirement from franchisor, everything was simple and easy before the upgrade as I just had to insert the hours for everyone into predefined pay items, but now I have to create seperate timesheet for each single one by adding pay itmes into the sheets and then pasting hours for each pay items which is very time consuming and unnecessaary. Please suggest me the solution or I would have to say goodbye to Myob.

Look at the payslip, how funny it looks now, why it shows annual salary when there is no fix income for the casual employee. It just shows the superannuation fund not the membership number although it is added to the employee profile. And why all pay items are listed which were used in the past, like why two different listing for Pubic holidays why not one with with YTD public holiday wages. Can it be made simple like before, thank you.

Payslip.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,791 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,791Posts

1,159Kudos

1,480Solutions

Re: Creating Pay run for casual employees

Hi @Sham 

Thanks for your post. From what you're describing it sounds like you've got Timesheets turned on, this is a new feature in the newer MYOB Essentials platform. Go to Payroll settings>>General payroll information and untick I use Timesheets to track employee hours

You can then go to Payroll>>Create pay run and enter the hours against the applicable pay items as you did in the original MYOB Essentials platform.

The ability to customise payslips has been logged as an enhancement request with our development teams. Having said that, all pay items will still be reported separately on payslips.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post