myobjoy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error when entering data for payrun

Dear Team,

Today I went to enter an unscheduled payrun for a casual worker.  When entering the hours in the Base Wages section it was displaying a warning that the hours would be deducted from leave.  I have not had this problem when processing a pay for this employee before. Any suggestions?

regards,

Joy

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,268 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,268Posts

6,089Kudos

6,612Solutions

Re: Error when entering data for payrun

Hi @myobjoy 

MYOB Business will indicate when paying leave through the link wage pay item of a Leave pay item when it goes in a negative situation. 

In your case, it sounds like you have the Base Hourly pay item set as that link wage pay item so when you attempt to enter an amount for that pay time you are actually paying out that leave. 

I would recommend going to Payroll>>Pay items>>Leave and checking the Leave items listed. You would be looking to ensure that the Link wages pay item is NOT the Base Hourly pay item. Typically, you would want that link wage pay item to be a separate pay item like Annual Leave Pay or Sick Pay...

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

myobjoy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

When entering Base Hourly, I am still getting the message that it will put his leave in a negative.  I did the check you suggested and it is still doing it.  I thouhgt it might be that this employee is casual and does not have leave accrual of any kind.

I would like to get this sorted so that I can pay him.

regards,

Joy

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,268 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,268Posts

6,089Kudos

6,612Solutions

Hi @myobjoy 

Just to confirm you would need to go through all leave pay items, not just ones linked to the employee.

If you have completed that and you are still encountering that situation, so we can investigate further would you mind providing a screenshot of the leave pay items within your MYOB Business, in particular, showing the Linked Wages pay item for each leave pay item.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post