Fixing Superannuation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LucyL
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Fixing Superannuation

Hi MYOB,

We had a new employee start,and we used the onboarding paperwork. When it prepopulated the information, it picked a wrong superfund that did not belong to that employee. The Fund has returned the funds to us, but we need to now pay the March Quarter to the correct fund. I need that particular employee's amount to come back into the Pay Super account. I have had this done before but it can only be done in the bcak end. Can someone please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Fixing Superannuation

Hi @LucyL 

Thanks for your post. If a super contribution has been returned by the super fund you will need to reverse and reprocess that payment. The Help Article, Returned super contributions, has instructions for doing this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LucyL
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

That below solution does not fix the problem, because in the Pay Superannuation tab, it does not allow you to process a negative amount.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LucyL 

You don't need to process a negative amount in the Pay Superannuation window. The negative pays clear out the original pays so that the YTD amounts are correct. Then reprocess the pays as normal so that the YTD amounts are updated and the super contributions appear in the Pay Superannuation window. Process the super payment as normal by selecting the positive super contributions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LucyL
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

So what do you do with the amount that is sitting as negative, in the pay super?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LucyL 

At this stage, it's not possible to remove reversals from the Pay super window so you can ignore those negative transactions. When you process the super payment for the next period, enter the period dates in the Transactions from and Transactions to fields and those reversals won't be listed.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post