How do i have two different hourly rates in a single pay run period?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
crgrigg22
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

How do i have two different hourly rates in a single pay run period?

Hello,

So i'm a contractor running through my own PTY LTD company (I'm a sole director and only employee of the company) and the company i'm working for is giving me a payrise which will happen during the middle of my pay run period 1st april to 30th april (I pay monthly pay cycle to myself). Is there a way on the "Create pay run" page that i can tell myob that the first 40 hours or so was at XX rate and the remianing hours was at a higher XX rate?

The service contract between my company and the other company pays me fortnightly but I pay myself monthly. That's why it has lead to this issue changing in the middle of the month.

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: How do i have two different hourly rates in a single pay run period?

Hi @crgrigg22 

Thank you for your post. There's a few ways you could do this, but I think the best option is to create an additional wage pay item.

So you create the new pay item and you link the new rate to yourself.

You now have the original pay rate and the new pay rate.

When you then enter the pay run, enter 40 hours on the old rate against the first pay item, then enter the hours worked on your new rate against the second pay item. Then after the pay is processed unlink the extra wage item and just have the new rate as your base hourly.

Hope that makes sense and please let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post