MYOB STP Setup Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kanchanpurohit
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB STP Setup Error

Hey Dear,

Can anyone assist in regards to this. I have setup the STP in MYOB and have updated evrything from my end including setting the payitems, informing the ATO about the previous BMS ID, updating the new software ID and evrything and still getting this error while running an update event.  When I am sending an update event for STP the reports says sent but after sometime it is rejected and gives the below error. 

Provided Previous BMS ID is incorrect

Error code :  CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM99507

I tried searching all the error code in ATO website as well but unable to find anything.  I have been in constant call with MYOB support for hours and the pathetic customer service evrytime either hung up the call in between and never call back, almost 2 week ago I got a case no. and it is still un resolved by them, this is the 1st time I got MYOB for my business and I think they would make me regrett for my decision. 

Please if anyone can help. I seriously want to run payruns for the business but untill this is fixed I cannot proceed further

Every time

12 REPLIES 12
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: MYOB STP Setup Error

Hi @kanchanpurohit 

Sorry to hear you've had this experience. That error is indicating that the Previous BMS ID provided during the set up of STP in MYOB Essentials does not match the BMS ID of your previous STP provider.

To find your previous BMS ID:

1. Log into the ATO's online services.
  2. Go to Employees > STP reporting (agents go to Business > STP reporting).
  3. Click the dropdown arrow next to one of your STP reports.

I'd recommend contacting the ATO to check the correct BMS ID has been notified.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kanchanpurohit
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, 

Thanks for replying so quick and I have updated everything that has been suggested updated everything with the ATO as well still that erros is continously showing up. 

When I am checking about error codes infact it is suggesting something is wrong with the payroll solution

Most software solutions have a help page or user forum where the error and solution is explained.

There are different types of errors and we have listed those that are most common in the table below:

• CMN.ATO.GEN or CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT error messages are generated by your payroll solution when you attempt to lodge invalid data to the ATO.

I am clue less about how to resolve it

Regards

Kanchan

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @kanchanpurohit 

So that we can resolve this I'll get you to confirm the following:

1. STP was reported through a different software provider
  2. you logged into the ATO online services and located the BMS ID for that software provider 
  3. when setting up STP in MYOB Essentials, in the Transfering from previous software window you selected Yes and entered the BMS ID exactly as it appears in the ATO online services

bms.PNG

If you did follow those steps, I'd recommend going to the STP reporting page>>ATO settings>>Edit STP business details and re-do the STP set up. When doing this take a screenshot of the BMS ID from the ATO online services page and a screenshot of the Transfering from previous software page so that we can confirm the correct BMS ID was been notified.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

kanchanpurohit
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I have followed all your step redone the STP setup. Please see the below attached screenshots and I am still receiving the same error while sending the update event. 

Request you to please check and confirm if I missed fanything from my end.

Regards

Kanchan

kanchanpurohit
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Did you went through the screen shot and my last reply to you about the un resolved issue?

Hi Tracey,

I have followed all your step redone the STP setup. Please see the below attached screenshots and I am still receiving the same error while sending the update event. 

Request you to please check and confirm if I missed fanything from my end.

Regards

Kanchan

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @kanchanpurohit 

I removed your screenshots as they contained confidential information. You set up looks correct to me. If you're copy and pasting the BMS ID into the Transfer your BMS ID from another software page, try manually typing it in as sometimes pasting will have hidden characters.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend contacting the ATO to check what is the error is on their end.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

kanchanpurohit
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for replying. I have redone the STP setup and this time put the BMS ID manually suggested by you but still its the same, the below error is still coming while doing the update event.

• Provided previous BMS ID is incorrect
    (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM99507)

I called ATO and they are of the opinion that there is no issue from their end and this is to do something with the software provider. This is very frustrating now no body is taking the onus on them for the error and issue I am stuck with. 

Is there anyway out that someone from MYOB team can have a team veiwer meet and see what the actual problem is.

Also there webiste is suggesting that the below payroll code error are due to payroll solution provider

• CMN.ATO.GEN or CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT error messages are generated by your payroll solution when you attempt to lodge invalid data to the ATO.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @kanchanpurohit 

Can you please send me the following information in a private message:

• serial number
  • contact name
  • contact number

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Vicky2998
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

I also get the same issues. We tried contact more than 5 times with ATO, and 10 times with MYOB. No one can fix that for us.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post