Payroll - Employee set as Electronic instead of Cash/Cheque

BernadetteK
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll - Employee set as Electronic instead of Cash/Cheque

When creating the employee a couple were set as Payment Method "Electronic" and not Cash/Cheque.  These employees have been paid manually (that is we have not created an ABA File).  When I try and reconcile I cannot match the transaction as the system is expecting an ABA file to be generated.  This has happened for a couple of weeks until we realised that the employee was set up incorrectly. So the payment is in the bank as we manually paid them but we cannot match the transaction as nothing has pulled through.  Any advise would be appreciated to correct this please

1 REPLY 1
Sam_R
MYOB Moderator
2,887 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,887Posts

205Kudos

449Solutions

Re: Payroll - Employee set as Electronic instead of Cash/Cheque

Hi @BernadetteK,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this situation, if the Payment Method was electronic, change the payment method for those affected employees to Cheque in their card file, delete/reverse the pay runs already processed, and then process the pay runs again. 

Alternatively, another workaround would be going to Payroll > Prepare Electronic payments, selecting the pay runs, and downloading the bank file. Please ensure the  Account in this window is your cheque account. In this process, a bank file will be downloaded to your computer but you don't need to upload that to your banking portal if you have already paid the employee/s. Making electronic payments help article has more information on how to download bank files. 

If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post