Reversal of Pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Fay_S
Trusted Cover User
42 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

42Posts

1Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reversal of Pay

Hi team,

I reversed pays recently because I entered the daily rate into the incorrect field.  This impacted an employee's application for a housing loan (who knew?). The pay run was fully processed and sent to STP at the time. I reversed all employees to allocate wages to the correct rate.  I understand that the reversal must remain on the Pay Run report, however, the original sums still appear unallocated (I can see them when allocating wages in the bank feed). What fancy work do I need to undertake to clear these?

From reading the help articles, it appears that I have done the wrong thing by reversing the pay - creating issues for myself. I do claim exhaustion after floods, a funeral, the festive season (crazy busy with work), upgrading MYOB (so new) and trying to figure out the relationship/s between TANDA (rostering system) & MYOB.

A link to a relevant help article would be fab.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reversal of Pay

Hi @Fay_S 

Thanks for your post. Reversing and reprocessing the pays means that the payslips display the correct information so that is what I would have recommended in this situation. 

I'm assuming that the net amount of the original and reprocessed pays are the same, so in the Reconcile accounts window you'll have two withdrawals (original and reprocessed) and one deposit (reversal).

In Bank transactions match the original or reprocessed pay to the bank feed transaction.

In Reconcile accounts manually reconcile the remaining pay transaction and the reversal by ticking them, as they're for the same amount they clear other out. That's all the fancy work you need to do.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Fay_S
Trusted Cover User
42 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User