STP EOY Finalisation - YTD Verification Report not matching payroll activity summary - how to fix it

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
flamingofurnitu
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

STP EOY Finalisation - YTD Verification Report not matching payroll activity summary - how to fix it

If your payroll activity summary and register reports match each other but not the YTD verification report in the EOFY Finalisation tab, I might have the fix for you.

My payroll activity summary report matched the register report. The YTD verification report was way out. 

I transitioned to STP Phase 2 during the financial year. A few staff members had left prior to the transition so weren't fully set up. I have wasted about 4 hours on this, hopefully this saves you time.

What I did - no guarantees this will work for you

Single Touch Payorll Reporting 

-removed the termination dates in the stp reporting screen - write down the names and dates if you don't have them easily to hand to put them back later

Desktop

-made the employee cards active

-removed the termination date from the Personal Details section in the Payroll Details tab

-For the staff that had been terminated prior to changing to phase 2 I also had to add the income type in the Taxes section of the Payrol Details tab

Process another pay-run dated 30.6.22. I did the pay period start and end dates as 30.6.22 also

zero out all earnings and leave entitlements, additional super, child support deductions etc. You should have all staff that were employed during the financial year showing in the pay-run with $0.00.

Watch out for super - I have a payroll category for unused long service leave and annual leave but I don't separate out the annual leave loading - I just zero out the super on that manually in the termination pay. I had to reverse the super that MYOB put back in on the staff that had annual leave loading included in their termination pays.

Once you have reported the $0.00 pay run for all staff that were employed during the financial year, run the YTD verification report again. 

Hopefully it matches, if it does, you can go ahead and finalise.

Once the report is received you can fix up the terminations again. I actually logged into my own MyGov and made sure my income showed as tax ready before I made any changes.

You'll need to add each termination back again in the STP payroll reporting screen

In the desktop, go to the cards list, add the termination date back in the personal details section of the payroll details tab and put the tick back on inactive on the profile tab of their card.

Good luck

2 REPLIES 2
alib2
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP EOY Finalisation - YTD Verification Report not matching payroll activity summary - how to fix it

Thank you for going to so much trouble and posting this - you have made my week, i honestly felt like crying! i was going through spreadsheets for days and could't understand why it didn't match, now its perfect. I removed all our terminated employees as i wasn't sure which ones were pre STP2 and it still worked thankfully! BIG THANK YOU Smiley Happy 

flamingofurnitu
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP EOY Finalisation - YTD Verification Report not matching payroll activity summary - how to fix it

My Pleasure. I didn't know whether to cry or scream. I normally allow 1-2hrs for this process. I reckon it took me about 6-8hrs. Very disappointed with MYOB's slow response when they knew it was an issue. A post to let everyone know it was an issue and they were working on a solution wouldn't have taken that long and would have saved hours for those of us trying to finalise payroll. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post