Super overpaid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NKJ_AE
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Super overpaid

Hi,

I accidentally put the wrong dates in when paying this quarter super payments. I put Sept-Dec instead of Oct-Dec. 

The money has come out of our account but myob is still saying 'processing payment'. It has been more than 5 business days now. 

Is there a way I can reverse this? Get our money back? and Start again? 

or 

Just reverse the month of Sept and get that months money back as we have paid that twice? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Super overpaid

Hi @NKJ_AE 

Thanks for your post. Super contributions paid through the Pay super service are withdrawn from your account, processed and forwarded to super funds by SuperChoice. If SuperChoice have withdrawn the payment from your bank account you will need to contact the super funds to discuss a refund for the overpaid amounts.

If you do receive a refund for those contributions the Help Article, Returned super contributions, has instructions for recording the returned super.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

tmr1
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We shouldnt have to ask the superfunds to return the funds. We should be able to correct the overpayment in the myob. The next quarter payments would then be the correction ot the actuakl super fund. How do we part reverse super payments in the new pay super?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @tmr1 

The previously provided Help Article, Returned super contributions, has instructions for reversing Pay super payments. You would follow Steps 2 and 3 for the affected employees only, then reprocess those contributions through Pay superannuation.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post