Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Updated MYOB - Super Issues

Since the awful update of MYOB, I am now having ridiculous issues that weren't there before!

One being - when I check my super payment reports I am getting a balance due when the payments have been paid and taken from the bank account. This is occuring on the transactions PRIOR to the roll over. Since then they're recorded properly but ALL prior for the current financial year are saying they aren't paid so the balance is showing as a payment is required.

Also - dash board used to show quarterly super, PAYG due, is there a way to get this back!?

Absolutely hate the new update, should have been done at the BEGINNING of the financial year, not once is started!!! Looking at alternatives but again, midway through a cycle isn't making it an easy option.

14 REPLIES 14
MELD
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Updated MYOB - Super Issues

totally agree.  I have a Super Portal account but cant use the Pay Super function  Wants me to sign up rather than sign in.  Take me back to desktop MYOB accountright days.  On hold for 1 hr and answered and only to be hung up on.  On hold again for 40 mins and counting

nifty1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No remedy I'm afraid but I'm having exactly same problem with past super payments not being recorded on updated version

Julia65
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I absolutely agree!  The update is awful - I have issues that I didnt have before, I'm paying for something that's meant to make my life easier and save me time, but all I seem to do it try to fix errors and try and work out whats happened now!   I absolutely hate it.   I

have things out of balance and I've just workedd out that its to do with the Super payments - I believe MYOB are trying to get me to sign up to something else - WHY??? I pay enough - I've done everything correctly, I've processed the Super and the payments have left my Bank account, but still MYOB shows the Super payments out of balance.   

Ive waited on chat for some assistance (45mins wait is ridiculous) - I've called - they are useless.    Why change things that were working perfectly.   Honestly I really dislike the new update and I'm seriously looking at my options.   Before I didnt want to move because I'd have to get used to something new and have to learn everything, but hey, thats what we are having to do here it seems.  So annoying!   

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,758Solutions

Hi Everyone

The Original MYOB Essentials platform used the process of downloading and processing superannuation payments through a third-party MYOB Super Portal. The newer MYOB Business platform has been built to use an in-build system called Pay superannuation. This new system allows the system to process payments directly through the software without the need to download and upload contribution files - it's all done in the product. Do check out Make superannuation payments for more information on that process.

It should be called out that due to the way the Original MYOB Essentials platform dealt with transactions uploaded to the portal, when migration has occurred the transactions can show as still outstanding in the newer MYOB Business platform even though they have been paid. To combat this we do recommend using the date range filters on the Pay superannuation and reporting to only show the current transactions (to be paid).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

TC1808
Experienced User
43 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

43Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

I too am having this problem with all my super payments prior to the upgrade showing as unpaid. MYOB's solution was to "journal" the outstanding payments. Not being an accountant, this means I have to pay for someone to do this!! The advertising for the new product claims that clients won't lose any data. What do you call this then???
TMadgwick
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have an issue with two pay runs, the SGC amounts are not showing in the pick list to pay the super.

We have tried changing the dates, and select all, but the relevant two weeks do not appear.

They have not been paid previously.

SandyCorn
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

By Journalling did they mean going through and inputting a journal entry in the accounting heading.  My acccountant showed me how to do this with stuff that was for the business but paid with personal money when the business didnt have funds.  You dont need and accountant to do it  - I just needed to know what it was used for and where in the system it was.

SandyCorn
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Is there going to be a way that these paid super payments that remain outstanding can be deleted or reconciled?  Just skipping the dates doesnt fix the problem.  If there are audits or employee's have queries it will cause issues even if we can prove it is paid - and what about the busy or less tach savvy people who will inadvertantly pay these super payments again without realising - My outstanding "paid" payments were over $1000.  thats alot of money for small business owners to lose for your programs glitch.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,758Solutions

Hi @SandyCorn 

At this time we don't have any more information that we can supply to those older outstanding amounts that haven't already been supplied on this thread. 

Generally speaking, the majority of users would use the date filters on reports and on the Pay Superannuation window to filter out those older transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post