Attaching past payments to current inoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JulianFoot
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Attaching past payments to current inoices

I am having a real problem with MYOB randomly attaching past payments that have already been attached to a transaction to a current invoice. 

This then blocks the client from paying online. It has happened repetedy ever since the last major upgrade of the system.

Why is this happening?

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Attaching past payments to current inoices

Hi @JulianFoot 

Thank you for your post. The auto-match tries to match the amount on the bank feed to a corresponding transaction within the file. While most of the time this matches to the correct transaction, on occasion it can match to an incorrect transaction. 

Can you check if you have the option 'Automatically allocate bank transactions using bank feed rules' turned on (Go to Banking-> Bank rules)? If this is switched on then it could be interfering with the auto-match. Try unticking that option and it should now attach to the correct invoices now.

Let me know how you go and if you still have issues, if you could attach an example invoice and payment that would help us investigate further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post