Cash Deposit using Undeposited Funds account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
neag82
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Cash Deposit using Undeposited Funds account

I want to put customer receipts such as cash and credit card payments into the undeposited funds account. However, once they are in there I can't seem to find how to then "deposit" them into our general trading account once they appear in the bank. 

So for example: I do weekly bookkeeping for our business and deposit money weekly but would like to show in MYOB that we have actually already received payment for these invoices as this way they won't show up on the open invoices report. I know it works in Account Right using the prepare bank deposit but I cannot see anything similar in MYOB Business / Essential. 

What am I missing? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Cash Deposit using Undeposited Funds account

Hi @neag82 

Thanks for your post. You can record a Transfer money transaction to move the deposit amount to the bank account. The From account is the Undeposited funds account and the To account is the bank account. The amount will appear as a deposit in the bank account and the Undeposited funds account will be cleared back to zero.

You can then match the Transfer money transaction to the bank feed transaction or manually reconcile in the Reconcile accounts window.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

accountsdfmc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cash Deposit using Undeposited Funds account

How do you allocate which deposits apply to that transaction?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post