Change Customer On Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Matho
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

35Kudos

0Solutions

Change Customer On Invoices

My Myob has recently upgraded and i can no longer change the customer name on and invoice i have created?
Is there a way to do this? Why has this option been removed. I have customers from time to time that need the invoice changed to a different company, especially real estates.

One of many issues/flaws with this new myob. I wish i could go back to the old one, its a nightmare. Everything was so easy and smooth flowing on the old. This one you have to do so many different unnessary things to complete the same job, saving expenses especailly when you enter every individual line like i use to is a nightmare and takes twice as long. Things that used to prefill like due dates etc on the old no longer work properly, i have to keep going through the drop down and manually change it every expense, and i could go on and on with the items and issues. Im honestly looking at switching to xero or anthoher platform due to this upgrade and this is after nearlty 11 years of using essentials.

5 REPLIES 5
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Change Customer On Invoices

Hi @Matho 

I am sorry you are not enjoying the upgraded version of Essentials. The name that is on the invoices is pulled from the Contact for that customer.

You can change the name by going to Contacts > All contacts > Open the related customer > Edit the company name [or] first and last name fields.

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Matho
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

35Kudos

0Solutions

No I don't wish to edit the customer it self, as that customer still exist, once I have created an invoice I want to be able to edit the invoice to a different customer some times as the likes of real estates etc can change who it gets billed to. I used to be able to do this on the old system alone with many other things this update has screwed up 

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @Matho 

Thanks for clarifying the situation. At this stage that is a field not able to be edited. A workaround would be to delete the transaction, then re-enter it with the updated customer contact.

If you had a lot of lines that needed to be re-entered, you could save it as a recurring transaction, then pre-fill from the transaction you saved. 

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Matho wrote:

My Myob has recently upgraded and i can no longer change the customer name on and invoice i have created?
Is there a way to do this? Why has this option been removed. I have customers from time to time that need the invoice changed to a different company, especially real estates.

One of many issues/flaws with this new myob. I wish i could go back to the old one, its a nightmare. Everything was so easy and smooth flowing on the old. This one you have to do so many different unnessary things to complete the same job, saving expenses especailly when you enter every individual line like i use to is a nightmare and takes twice as long. Things that used to prefill like due dates etc on the old no longer work properly, i have to keep going through the drop down and manually change it every expense, and i could go on and on with the items and issues. Im honestly looking at switching to xero or anthoher platform due to this upgrade and this is after nearlty 11 years of using essentials.

Ive had this too and its most annoyingMan Frustrated

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@SamaraM wrote:

Hi @Matho 

Thanks for clarifying the situation. At this stage that is a field not able to be edited. A workaround would be to delete the transaction, then re-enter it with the updated customer contact.

If you had a lot of lines that needed to be re-entered, you could save it as a recurring transaction, then pre-fill from the transaction you saved. 

Hope that helps.

no that doesnt help and is time consuming...Man Frustrated

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post