Customers Missing in Dropdown Box

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
iChicken
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Customers Missing in Dropdown Box

When selecting customers, is there a maximum number of contacts for the Dropdown box?

I'm working with a company file 10+ years old with a large contact list, and I see that every contact after 'J' is missing. HOWEVER, if I make one of the visible contacts inactive, the following contact (in alphabetical order) appears at the end of the list. 

** See in the screenshot, my list of customers goes all the way to 'Z' but the only selectable customers (to create invoices/statements) run out at 'J'. 

Has anyone else noticed this? Any workarounds other than individually making no-longer-needed customer contact cards inactive?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 2.13.38 pm.png
11 REPLIES 11
iChicken
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to Select Customer

Having trouble selecting Customers using the drop-down box (by default says 'All')

It looks like customers with name cards A through J are there, but not J through Z.

They ARE searchable by going through 'Contacts', but not when using 'Invoices' or 'Customer Statements'

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks, 

S

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Max Number of Contacts? (see pic) - Customers Missing in Dropdown Box

Hi @iChicken 

Depending on the number of contacts you have in your MYOB Business the selection list may not load the full list. However, you should be able to type in the required name or the first few characters of the name for it to appear. For example, say the name was "Smith, John", you should be able to type in "Smi" for it to appear.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

iChicken
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @iChicken 

Depending on the number of contacts you have in your MYOB Business the selection list may not load the full list. However, you should be able to type in the required name or the first few characters of the name for it to appear. For example, say the name was "Smith, John", you should be able to type in "Smi" for it to appear.

Thanks for your reply. 

I thought the same thing - but typing in the search dropdown box yields the exact same result. It's weird. I can however find them in the contacts section, that's how I know that they have been imported. Also, I can see their invoices when looking at ALL invoices for a date range.

It just won't let me select the customer individually (or even search for them in Sales or Statements)

Maybe it;s a contact limit? Never come across it before.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @iChicken 

How many customer cards do you have in your contact list? As I've recently added ~12,000 customer cards to my file and I was able to successfully load the full number of cards in that list or search for them in that selection list.

If you are not able to do that, perhaps try in another browser and/or clear your cache as it could be a browser error.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

iChicken
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Thanks for your reply.

I have exported my contacts to excel to count them, about 4200. All of the missing (unselectable/searchable) contacts are in the export.

I have tried Chrome and Safari, both with cleared caches' and unfortunately have the same result. It's got me baffled.

As a workaround I'm temporarily using different software to issue invoices to the clients I can't select. Is there a way for me to submit a support ticket or something for further help?

Thanks, 

Pat

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @iChicken 

From asking around we do have a limit on the selection fields and you would have reached it with that 4200. Although, it doesn't explain why we are encountering some different results.

Would you mind giving some indication of where in the list it stops - you may say "J" but that could be 100 into the list or 4,000 into the list? Also, getting the last four digits of the serial number would be ideal as well for further investigation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

iChicken
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I've been unable to duplicate the dropdown list order as it appears when using it as an export (excel/pdf). I've tried multiple different ways and even manipulated it in excel but can not get the same customer contact list order. However, based on what I see it's maxing out around the 1500 mark.

Last digits of the serial number are 9461.

Please advise, thanks, 

Pat

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @iChicken 

I believe that the system did have a 1500 limit but we are under the impression that was removed and our testing does prove to back that up as you can see data from after that list.

In saying that, we have gone through and got our team to look at your file, in particular, and we have been able to search and select cards from the customer list in the Create invoice window from further down the list of cards. Such as "Stone Craft" - using the search term "Stone".

Capture 3.PNG

Although we did notice that for a card like "Andrew Ryan" (first name Andrew, last name Ryan) we did have to search for Ryan - we couldn't search for the card using Andrew. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

iChicken
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

You're saying it's working? But on my end it is not... I can record a video and send it if needed. Pat

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post