How do I include the paid cc surcharge amount on customer invoice?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lizzy2
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

How do I include the paid cc surcharge amount on customer invoice?

A client paid an invoice by creditcard using the MYOB payby function. The surcharge was added but the invoice they were provided does not include this surcharge. 

How do I provide them an invoice which includes the surcharge? The invoice is closed off and reconcilled on my end. 

3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: How do I include the paid cc surcharge amount on customer invoice?

Hi @lizzy2 

If the the invoice was sent without the surcharge option turned on, the surcharge option can be changed later then it needs to be resent to show the updated total. Since your customer has already made payment, and the original invoice is closed off & reconciled, I'd suggest creating a new invoice just for the surcharge alone and enter it manually.

Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

lizzy2
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

The invoice was sent with the surcharge option on. The client paid the invoice and the surcharge but the invoice they are provided does not include the surcharge amount and therefore does not reflect the full amount paid. 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @lizzy2 

Thank you for the update and sorry for the delayed response.

Just to clarify, whether the CC surcharge option is turned on or not, the invoice amount itself does not change. With the surcharge option turned on, if your customer choose to pay by CC, the amount on screen will automatically add the surcharge amount to the total. The fact that your client has paid the invoice + surcharge suggests that surcharge was added to the invoice correctly.

image.png

The payment received for the invoice and the surcharge will be recorded separately into your company file, the surcharge fees will be recorded under the ledger account you chose when turning on surcharging, the Customer surcharging for online payments Help page I linked above explains this in more details. 

If you are sitll having problems, please do provide the transaction details with screenshots, we are happy to check it further.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post